Workplace Development Manager
Workplace Development Manager
Kingwood Texas 77339
There’s a reason Insperity is named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years,
Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to
help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company
and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including
19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits,
401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a
positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally
WORKPLACE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
This position is responsible for integration of workplace design and usability standards through furniture strategy by evaluating alternatives and market-based solutions as they pertain to Insperity’s workplace user needs. Stays abreast of design best practices and manages all furniture design and planning, procurement, installation, maintenance, and inventory at the corporate campus, regional service centers, and district offices. Manages all move activity and select construction activity at the corporate campus.
• Responsible for development and ongoing evolution of corporate FFE standards ensuring usability, design and cost effectiveness goals are achieved.
• Implements and maintains integrated workplace management system with focus on space plan management, space utilization, identification of efficiency opportunities, move and change management, stakeholder system and process adoption.
• Tracks and reviews work order software for FFE, moves, adds and changes service request completion. Works with user groups to determine FFE requirements, designs and implements corporate furniture reconfigurations and modifications within approved corporate standards.
• Manages corporate space remodels, including design, pricing, construction, furnishing, and budgets.
• Develops capital and expense budgets and maintains budget accountability for approved projects.
• Responsible for corporate wide FFE asset management and tracking, conducts periodic assessments for condition assessment, disposal, etc.
• Oversees furniture design process and incorporates furniture into the overall office design and construction process. Participates in construction project meetings and coordinates all required project furniture activity.
• Visits sites to oversee furniture installation and punch list completion in conjunction with project plans.
• Serves as the primary contact for internal clients for space management and related services.
• Manages corporate move activity, including assisting end-users with ongoing space needs.
• Manages all furniture manufacturer contracts and relationships, including staying abreast of price and lead time movement to ensure successful project delivery
• Manages furniture dealer contracts, relationships, and performance.
• Oversees corporate furniture/move vendor contract and service personnel.
• Ensures plan records (AutoCAD and PDF) are updated as changes are made and up to date in space management system.
• Conducts quarterly furniture condition surveys and provides plan to repair or replace items as needed.
• Addresses furniture recommendations produced from Safety assessments.
• Tracks furniture delivery schedules.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. Degree in design, construction, or other Workplace-related field is preferred.
• Seven to ten years of experience in related field is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Principles and practices of interior architecture, interior design, and space planning.
• Intermediate knowledge of finance for capital and expense allocations and documentation.
• Extensive knowledge of building code and occupancy regulations.
• Strong project management skills.
• Computer proficiency including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and current version of AutoCAD.
• Ability to plan, organize, implement, track, and evaluate construction projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization, internally and externally. Strong collaborative skills with ability to interact with various management levels within the organization.
Yes, up to 25% of time
What percent of time is this position required to drive a vehicle (other than Company issued) for business purposes? 5%
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job