Job ID: 16708
Location: Carson California
Accounts Payable Clerk
Are you passionate about numbers, finance, and ensuring the smooth financial operations of a thriving organization? Do you possess an eye for detail and an unwavering commitment to accuracy? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Lonseal Flooring is a leading provider of vinyl surfacing for healthcare, educational, recreational, fitness, corporate, retail, and hospitality markets throughout the United States and globally. First established in 1972, we have continually pushed the surfacing industry in exciting, new directions through technological, visual, and textured innovations.
As our Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for timely and accurate payment of vendor invoices, employee expenses, and contractor commissions and maintain correct records and control reports.
To Be Successful, You Should Have:
Our ideal candidate will be organized, punctual, dependable, and highly detail-oriented in addition to the following experience, skills, abilities, and attributes:
- Ability to enter data at 45 WPM (10-key by touch also strongly desirable)
- Ability to communicate concisely and persuasively, both written and verbally
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to organize workload for maximum effectiveness
- Intermediate computer skills, familiar with everyday tasks within MS Office Suite
- Ability to be an influential team member
- Understands and follows all company policies and procedures and all applicable State and Federal laws
- High School Diploma and 5+ years of progressively responsible, related experience in an Accounting/Accounts Payable capacity
- Sage Knowledge or Similar Account Software
Your Responsibilities as the Accounts Payable Clerk Will Include:
- Processes company debt owed to vendors, suppliers, or other organizations and individuals. This includes handling such issues as:
- Prepares payments for purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets, expense reports, etc.
- Posts appropriate vendor invoices into Sage 100
- Maintains all payment and transaction records
- Pre-codes invoices with general ledger account numbers
- Prioritizes invoices to be paid
- Resolves outstanding payment and count issues with vendors
- Provides accounting support for independent sales agents. This includes:
- Verifies commission amounts and recipients
- Processes commission checks, changes, corrections, and 1099s
- Maintains MAS90 and Access databases and hard files on all sales agents, including territory, contact information, commission history, etc.
- Provides timely response to sales commission inquiries
- Works with the Service team to resolve any freight bill discrepancies
- Creates manual checks when necessary
- Orders and stocks all required office supplies
- Performs other office functions as requested
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner
We Offer You:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $24.50 per hour and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan with employer matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- Workplace perks
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.