Job ID: 17379
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity (NYSE: NSP) provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With 2022 revenues of $5.9 billion and more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide by delivering the administrative relief, reduced liabilities and better benefit solutions that businesses need for sustained growth. With over 4,100 employees, we are a diverse group of individuals pursuing a common mission: to help businesses succeed so communities prosper.
Behind our success is our unshakeable belief in the value of our people. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking No. 28 on Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work 2023″ list of top large U.S. employers, with a 4.5 out of 5.0 rating. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: At Insperity, work-life balance is an important aspect of our culture. We have established a flexible work program to help our employees balance their time and energy in a way that promotes employee wellbeing and helps grow the company.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways for our employees to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, professional development and leadership training programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: At Insperity, we truly care about your well-being – inside and outside of the workplace. Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement plan with a matching component, health & wellness support, employee recognition programs, educational assistance, adoption assistance, and much more. Whether remote, in person or hybrid, we take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Community Impact: Insperity also supports our employees in their philanthropic efforts and encourages employees to get involved in their communities. We give employees paid volunteer time off, organize volunteer opportunities, and match eligible employee charitable donations.
Associate General Counsel – Transactions & Corporate Law
We are currently seeking an Associate General Counsel position in the Transactions & Corporate Law Practice Group.
This position has significant responsibility for providing legal advice and counsel to senior management and Company leaders in connection with a broad range of business transactions, corporate governance, securities law compliance, contracts and general corporate matters. This position requires a significant level of independent decision-making regarding matters having Company-wide impact, which is guided by policies, procedures, objectives and coordination.
Under general supervision but with substantial decision-making:
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates various complex commercial agreements, including HR service agreements (client service agreements or CSAs), vendor contracts, software licenses and subscriptions, nondisclosure agreements, and real estate leases and related documents.
- Supervises, drafts, and maintains forms of agreements utilized for sales of the Company’s solutions, including a periodic coordination of the review and revision of those forms.
- Assists with, leads, and advises internal clients on a variety of business transactions, including the development of new services and solutions, acquisitions, financings, real estate transactions, strategic alliances, and other strategic transactions.
- Assists with corporate governance matters and securities law compliance.
- Advises and provides support to the sales force generally, including regarding responses to inquiries from clients.
- Approves certain significant contracts from a legal perspective for signature by officers and other authorized persons.
- Reviews and assists in the development of marketing materials.
- Assists with monitoring and registration of intellectual property rights.
- Advise on data security and privacy matters.
- Supports General Counsel and Managing Counsel with general corporate matters.
- Assists Managing Counsel and other in-house counsel in advising management concerning legal rights, obligations and privileges.
- Assists Managing Counsel in the supervision of Assistant General Counsel, contract counsel and support staff in the Transactions Practice Group.
- Drafts other legal documents as required by the Company including agreements, memoranda, and correspondence.
- Maintains strong professional working relationship with clients, Company staff, and law firms.
This position does not require specialized knowledge of labor and employment law, as those matters are generally handled by other groups within the Legal Department. The Insperity Legal Department provides legal advice and support to Insperity, but not to Insperity’s client base.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of transactional legal experience, with a focus on negotiating and drafting agreements and knowledge of contract law and general corporate law
- Significant experience with negotiating, drafting, and coordinating complex transactional matters.
- Ability to identify, comprehend and manage a variety of complex legal issues in a transactional setting, such as the skills required to lead mergers and acquisitions or corporate finance transactions.
- Significant experience with corporate governance matters, securities and SEC compliance and disclosure requirements applicable to public companies is preferred.
- Experience with software licensing, cloud-based software subscriptions and intellectual property law is strongly desired but not required.
- Experience with data privacy and data security matters in a transactional setting, or a willingness to obtain (with Company support) data privacy certifications, is also desired.
- Business-minded approach to legal matters with ability to identify and convey risks to other members of the Legal Department and to business team members, including senior management.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to independently or in a team to develop solutions to accomplish business objectives in a complex, regulated industry.
- Reads, understands and applies laws, rules, regulations, legal decisions, and other forms of written direction; organizes and analyzes facts, formulates legal conclusions and makes recommendations; performs complex legal tasks requiring initiative, judgment and responsibility.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing with a diverse range of audiences and in various settings; works independently and completes projects timely with little or no supervision in a fast-paced environment; ability to act in situations with confidence, assertiveness, tact, and diplomacy; ability to deal resolutely with sensitive issues; familiar with methods and techniques used in persuasion and negotiation of conflicts and problems; and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from an accredited law school required.
- Current law license required, preferably from the state of Texas.
- Some managerial and supervisory experience is preferred.
About Insperity’s Legal Department:
The Insperity Legal Department is comprised of five practice groups with a total of 32 legal professionals, including 19 lawyers, two governmental affairs specialists and 11 staff members. The Transactions & Corporate Law Practice Group is comprised of five lawyers and two assistants. The remainder of the Insperity Legal Department is comprised of the Benefits Practice Group, the Employment Law Practice Group, the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group and the Governmental Affairs Practice Group. The Legal Department follows a hybrid work schedule with the team being in the office three days per week.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.