Job ID: 16739
Location: Brea California 92821
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking 28th out of 100 on Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list with a 4.5 out of 5.0 rating. Our internship program was recognized as a Top 100 Internship Program for 2022 by Yello/WayUp. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Associate Payroll Specialist – Seasonal Intern
Hybrid work schedule
We are currently seeking an Associate Payroll Specialist Intern to join our team for the 2024 summer. This position works on projects/assignments with Payroll Specialists. This role assists in processing payroll information and produces client specific payroll checks, invoices and standard payroll reports for Insperity’s client companies. This position is also responsible for upholding the integrity of the client and employee data base and ensures all compliances are met.
- Learns through completion of work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies and applying data and resources to support projects or initiatives; supporting the completion of priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Observes, learns and services a specified number of clients by receiving employee paperwork, which includes new hires, employee changes and terminations.
- Receives payroll information from clients or Payroll Specialists, processes payroll information and produces client specific payroll checks, invoices and standard payroll reports.
- Ensures accuracy of payroll input, balancing input to payroll worksheet and payroll reports to clients.
- Coordinates with the Finance Department, when necessary, and follows through with the client to ensure funds are received.
- Provides backup documentation to Finance Department, if needed, for wires.
- Maintains accurate delivery instructions for each payroll in the system.
- Trains with the Payroll team, Supervisor and Payroll Trainers to develop skill levels.
- Builds and maintains client load to gain payroll experience and knowledge of accepted payroll practices.
- Attends weekly department training meetings and reviews procedure manual on an ongoing basis.
- Establishes clear communications with client, employees and team members in order to better serve the client.
- Consults with Supervisor and Payroll Trainer when responding to new or different questions from clients and employees.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback. Contributes to the completion of projects and department objectives as specified by the manager.
- Attends events designed to connect Interns and Associates working across different functional areas throughout Insperity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Actively pursuing or having obtained a bachelor’s degree is required. A bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources or a related field is preferred.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Assists in operating data entry equipment; maintaining and monitoring employee records with accuracy and detail with narrow time limitations; maintaining records, posting data and making arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy; clerical methods and techniques relating to maintaining large filing systems accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions, following established company policy guidelines; methods and techniques relating to establishing and maintaining customer service; communicating clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing; following verbal and written instructions; working independently from general instructions; and maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
As required by the state of California, Insperity provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in California. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of California only, the pay for this role is $22.00/hour.