Job ID: 16033
Location: Remote - US Louisiana
As America’s first billion-dollar black-owned bank, Liberty Bank and Trust is a part of history, and we don’t take that success or the privilege to serve our customers lightly. Liberty and our legacy institutions, with branches in 11 states, have stood steadfastly with underserved and often-forgotten communities for over 100 years.
We are growing and building our team with people who want to expand their horizons and surround themselves with inclusive, mission-driven peers looking to impact communities and families positively.
Our mission is to carry on the important work of generations of black-owned bank operators by preserving and providing access to affordable financial products and services to traditionally underserved markets. Liberty has been a lifeline for many who have pursued dreams of homeownership, growing businesses, providing for college, or even starting lifelong careers.
We strive to be as resilient as the people we serve. Whether it’s a community, a burgeoning business, or untapped talent, we believe in the possibility of financial freedom.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Louisville market’s Liberty Bank and Trust branch team. If you have experience in retail business development in the banking or finance industry, we’d love to hear from you! To learn more about us, please visit our website at: www.libertybank.net
The Collections Specialist resolves delinquent status of assigned past due loans in accordance with established bank policies and procedures and Federal and State Regulations.
- Monitors and controls past due accounts through the online collection system by retrieving information from the system and recording collection efforts.
- Maintains positive customer relations while reducing delinquent account levels.
- Communicates with customers to resolve the delinquent status of accounts, discusses possible financial arrangements to arrive at a suitable solution.
- Documents the online collection system with all collection efforts including conversations, financial arrangements, notifications, and analysis of loan documents and credit information.
- Researches account records for discrepancies and posting errors.
- Analyze and recommend delinquent accounts for repossession, foreclosure, and suit after all collection efforts have been exhausted.
- Sustains positive customer relationships while discussing sensitive personal financial information.
- Produces tracking reports of collection portfolio for management review.
- Collects late fees, non-sufficient funds fees, and other fees associated with past due accounts.
Education / Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in a Business or related curriculum; or three years of collections related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a finance related industry.
- Working knowledge of commercial, consumer, and mortgage loan documentation is preferred.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Understanding of basic automation software.
As you might expect, we value every member of our team. That’s why we offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package, including:
- PTO and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Adoption Assistance
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K and match
- EAP/Health and Welfare Assistance
- Training and Development
- Online Marketplace* discounts on a variety of goods and services
- Leadership Development
- ERG/ Ambassador Group
- Free and reduced-rate bank services
We do our best to ensure Liberty Bank and Trust is an incredible place to work and build a career. We want you to learn, grow and share in the success you help create. Within the company, there is also a future opportunity for growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.