Job ID: 16853
Location: Houston Texas
For over 30 years, our client’s mission has been to serve as a one-stop source for equipment calibration, maintenance, and purchases. They offer extensive capabilities and innovative services by listening to their customers and staying ahead of industry developments and trends. Their goal is to produce peace of mind, certainty, and customer satisfaction through their services and to create rewarding, fulfilling career and team experiences for their employees.
Our client is seeking a Calibration Technician to join their team who brings unwavering persistence, commitment, passion, and enthusiasm for this work. Their customer relationships are of utmost importance, and as a successful candidate, you should understand and share their commitment to customer service and effectively build customer relationships. The ability to think creatively, take initiative, multitask, and manage projects are essential for success.
As the Calibration Technician, you will test, calibrate, and repair customer and company equipment and ensure conformance to established standards. The instrumentation includes but is not limited to electronic, electrical, infrared, high voltage, torque, temperature, pressure, mass, dimensional, relative humidity devices, lab equipment, and safety devices. The Calibration Service Technician provides technical support and customer service and can effectively communicate and build client relationships.
To thrive, you should have:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college, technical school, or military training in measurement science, calibration, or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years related experience and training or equivalent combination of education, military training, and experience.
- Knowledge of principles, procedures, methods, and techniques in metrology gained through education, professional experience, or military service (PMEL).
- Ability to explain calibration issues and processes to customers as needed.
- Presentation, written, and personal communication skills.
- Strong process orientation with a focus on high-quality outcomes.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills and PC 10 key proficiency.
- Ability to perform work at customer sites independently without direct supervision in accordance with Company processes and standards.
- Respect customer requests for safety when performing on-site work.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and manage daily workloads.
- Ability to perform housekeeping, maintenance, and organization of Company equipment and Laboratory.
- Ability to perform lifting of test equipment unassisted (up to 50 lbs.).
- Ability to work in confined work areas with a group of others.
Your responsibilities as the Calibration Technician will include:
- Inspects equipment to determine TTI capacity to calibrate or repair.
- Recommends new equipment for non-repairable equipment.
- Provides accurate evaluations and work estimates for time and materials needed, quotes, and sourcing.
- Recommends schedule for equipment and repairs, including the types of maintenance and repairs.
- Engages with internal teams, clients, and vendors to provide technical information and accurately understand expectations.
- Plans and follows the proper sequence of testing and calibration procedures.
- Set up equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Disassembles instruments and equipment, inspects components for defects, and measures parts for conformity with specifications.
- Performs calibrations, repairs, and service; rebuilds, replaces, and balances instruments and equipment, per estimate and established procedures, to applicable requirements and standards.
- Devises formulas, with input as needed, to solve problems in measurements and calibrations.
- Troubleshoots equipment and systems, writes technical reports documenting component issues and provides recommendations to resolve issues.
- Bring any irregularities, discrepancies, or concerns to the supervisor immediately and report out-of-tolerance and failed equipment to appropriate parties.
- Maintains electronic records of calibration performed for client’s equipment and completes and maintains all required documentation associated with calibration activities.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data.
- Provides clients with certification documentation, including certification labels and service tickets.
- Follows all safety regulations, HS&E policies, and rules; wears and uses appropriate safety PPE.
- Maintains cleanliness standards (5S methodology) in work areas and Company vehicles, if appropriate, and keeps all equipment in good working order, with current calibrations.
- Maintains inventory (materials and supplies necessary) in work area and vehicle, if appropriate, to allow for repairs of client equipment with minimal client downtime.
- Participates in cross-functional training on the proper methods, procedures, and requirements for performance.
- Respect and follow client requests for safety when performing on-site work.
- Able to perform work at client sites independently without direct supervision in accordance with Company processes and standards.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their competitive compensation of $20 to $33 per hour, depending on experience and extensive benefits package, enhances their commitment to your success. Our client’s benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off and holidays
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.