Job ID: 17255
Location: Phoenix Texas 85018
Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (AKDHC) is one of the nation’s largest groups of physicians specializing in the care of patients with renal disease. Since 1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com
Central Appointment Scheduler (CAS)-Administration Office – AKDHC
The Central Appointment Scheduler (CAS) provides support and service to the administrative offices. Services patients by scheduling appointments, making effective use of physician’s time and communicating information between patients and referring physician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Schedule appointments for new and established patients.
- Request medical records from referring physicians.
- Scan medical records received from referring physicians into AthenaNet.
- Monitor referrals and communicate scheduled appointments with referring physician.
- Mail designated packets to new patients prior to initial appointment.
- Input new patient accounts into AthenaNet data base.
- Serve as liaison between referring physician and patient.
- Perform general clerical tasks including answering and transferring phones, retrieving voicemail, email, and supplying the fax machine with toner and paper.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Math Ability:
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheets, E-Mail and Internet Software would be helpful; requires a minimum typing speed of 35 wpm.
- Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.