Job ID: 17732
Location: Cincinatti Ohio
Chief People & Belonging Officer
Are you a visionary leader with a passion for cultivating an exceptional organizational culture and empowering a diverse and talented workforce? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you as our Chief People & Belonging Officer (CPBO). As the CPBO, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our organization’s human resources strategy, driving employee engagement, and fostering a people-centric environment where every team member can thrive.
Girl Scouts of Western Ohio is shaping the future of girl leadership! Our core strengths are rooted in our agile teams, our innovation and our belief that learning never stops. Joining Girl Scouts means you will be part of an inclusive team-centric organization where the girls and communities we serve are our top priority. Working at Girl Scouts of Western Ohio allows you to build a meaningful career while you grow personally and professionally! If you would like to empower girls to make the world a better place – you belong at Girl Scouts! Join the movement!
What you’ll be working on:
- Own and advance GSWO’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging vision and strategy.
- In partnership with Senior Leadership, create and implement plans to promote diversity and enable an inclusive culture.
- Manage relationships with Professional Employer Organization (PEO), insurance brokers and other vendors.
- Manage staff communications to cultivate an engaged workforce and inclusive culture.
- Manage the employee benefits portfolio and the total compensation strategy for all staff.
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring process to maintain a highly qualified staff.
- Create workforce retention strategies and tools, including staff training and mentoring, based on council needs, career pathing, and succession planning.
- Administer the council’s performance management program. Support supervisors on coaching and feedback techniques.
- Plan, execute, and monitor programs that promote health, safety, and well-being for employees.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent work experience in all functional areas of Human Resources as well as Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in previous Human Resource Leadership roles.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws affecting human resources administration.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a commitment to contributing to the organizational goals.
- Excellent abilities with MS Office, applicant tracking systems, pay, and HRIS applications.
- Proven track record in talent acquisition, developing associates, team building, engagement, employee relations, and aligning business objectives with management and employees.
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral.
- Implementing HR strategies that sustain growth and success.
- Other requirements as determined by Girl Scouts of Western Ohio.
- Competitive pay and generous benefits package.
- Supportive environment for learning and development.
- Flexibility for work/life balance.
- Opportunity for hybrid teleworking arrangement.
- A high-achieving and fun team.
- Casual dress code.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) Statement: The Girl Scouts fosters belonging and respect for all girls. We empower all girls, volunteers, and staff to fulfill their potential and make the world a better place. Our Girl Scout Promise drives us to provide diverse, equitable, and inclusive experiences where all girls, volunteers, and staff are confident they belong. We stand firm in these commitments and are united by these ideals.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.