Job ID: 17357
Location: Greenville Pennsylvania
Civil Construction/Earthwork Estimator/Sales
Are you ready to build the future? Our client is looking for an exceptional Civil Construction/Earthwork Estimator to join their dynamic crew of innovators, builders, and visionaries!
Our client is a full-service excavation company. They are located in Greenville, PA. They are able to service a Tri-State area, including Northeastern Ohio. They specialize in delivering fast, affordable, and professional service to commercial and residential customers.
Do you believe in “doing the job right the first time?” Are you a hands-on professional that strives for quality instead of quantity? Do you place safety above all else? If so, we want to speak with you!
As the Civil Construction/Earthwork Estimator/Sales, you will prepare estimates of probable project costs on materials, equipment, and labor. You will also include other expenses, such as the contractor’s general conditions, fees, and overheads. You will base the calculations on quotations, schematic drawings, contract bids, and specifications. You will work closely with Operations build teams, vendors, owners, engineers, and others to arrive at these estimates.
To succeed, you should have:
- 4+ years of experience in construction or related industry
- Excavation experience
- Familiar with QuickBooks
- Familiarity with estimating software / Earthworks Site Software
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (Spreadsheets)
- Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, and proposals
- Organized, consistent, and detail-oriented, including time management skills
- Proficient in data analysis and critical thinking
- Knowledge of construction principles
- Sales experience to assist in finding new customers/opportunities
- Valid driver’s license required
It would be great if you had:
- BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, Mathematics, or related field
- Government contracting experience.
Your responsibilities as the Civil Construction/Earthwork Estimator/Sales will include:
- Review and understand drawings, specifications, and proposals
- Analyze labor, material, and time requirements for a project
- Review takeoff quantities to ensure accuracy used in estimates
- Perform the necessary calculations to ensure all estimated costs are accurate and current.
- Cost out bid items using a detailed activity breakdown structure
- Perform takeoff of necessary labor, equipment, and material to ensure a high-quality and timely estimate
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors and vendors to ensure highly competitive bids and insight into market forecasts
- Obtain quotes from suppliers and contractors within the specified time frame
- Assess the risk levels associated with a project
- Prepare and lead bid reviews with management
- Prepare and submit quotations and details of costs for work to be done
- Participate in planning and progress meetings
- Finding and building relationships with new customers and job opportunities
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their competitive compensation and extensive benefits package, enhances their commitment to your success. Our client’s benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered
- Work-life balance: Paid time off, flexible schedule, and remote work choices provided
- Perks: Company provided Cell Phone
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law