Job ID: 17458
Location: Dayton Ohio
Community Development Manager – Dayton
Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do socially responsible work.
Girl Scouts of Western Ohio is shaping the future of girl leadership! Our core strengths are rooted in our agile teams, our innovation and our belief that learning never stops. Joining Girl Scouts means you will be part of an inclusive team-centric organization where the girls and communities we serve are our top priority. Working at Girl Scouts of Western Ohio allows you to build a meaningful career while you grow personally and professionally! If you would like to empower girls to make the world a better place – you belong at Girl Scouts! Join the movement!
Your duties as the Community Development Manager will include:
- Increase Girl Scouts visibility and engagement in our communities through networking and collaboration.
- Build Girl Scout membership by focusing on the strengths of our communities and finding creative ways to reach all girls.
- Create and execute girl/adult membership recruitment and retention plans.
- Develop strong working relationships with volunteers, support their success and recognize their commitment.
- Work directly with girls to deliver the Girl Scout program while modeling the program for volunteers.
To be successful, you should have:
- H.S. Diploma required, any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers experience is essential.
- Experience in recruitment and/or sales preferred.
- Background in community development, including school partnerships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid state driver’s license and a vehicle for work within the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio region.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by competitive compensation, depending on experience, and a generous benefits package.
- Ability to build your skills and grow your career.
- Supportive environment for learning and development.
- Flexibility for work/life balance.
- Opportunity for hybrid teleworking arrangement.
- A high-achieving and fun team.
- Casual dress code.
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB)
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. GSWO is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.