Job ID: 17455
Location: Cincinnati Ohio 45242
Customer Care/Retail Specialist
Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do socially responsible work.
Girl Scouts of Western Ohio is shaping the future of girl leadership! Our core strengths are rooted in our agile teams, our innovation and our belief that learning never stops. Joining Girl Scouts means you will be part of an inclusive team-centric organization where the girls and communities we serve are our top priority. Working at Girl Scouts of Western Ohio allows you to build a meaningful career while you grow personally and professionally! If you would like to empower girls to make the world a better place – you belong at Girl Scouts! Join the movement!
Your duties as the Retail Specialist will include:
- Deliver exceptional customer service.
- Manage inventory by ordering and restocking, ensuring a well-maintained sales floor.
- Merchandise and display stock effectively to facilitate sales and enhance customer experience.
- Organize storeroom with rotated and labeled merchandise, contributing to efficient inventory management.
- Led the “pop-up shop” program, coordinating planning, budgeting, stock maintenance, staffing, and reconciliation.
- Accurately handle tender, balance cash drawer, and generate daily, monthly sales, and inventory reports.
- Provide backup support for customer care phone lines, maintaining a customer-centric environment in council facilities and contributing to a positive brand image.
To be successful, you should have:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with a minimum of one year experience in retail sales and/or customer service.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products and ability to learn new software.
- Experience working in a customer relationship management platform, preferred.
- Experience in retail merchandising procedures, including stocking and inventory control.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and appropriately handle sensitive and confidential customer information.
- Valid state driver’s license and functioning vehicle for work within the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio region.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by competitive compensation, depending on experience, and a generous benefits package.
- Ability to build your skills and grow your career.
- Supportive environment for learning and development.
- Flexibility for work/life balance.
- A high-achieving and fun team.
- Casual dress code.
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB)
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. GSWO is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.