Job ID: 16753
Location: Middletown Pennsylvania
Director of Network Sales and Development – Remote
About Our Client:
A significant opportunity to lead is now open for a purpose-driven human being to enhance the regulatory compliance arm of a plucky financial services company. Our client’s company seeks to help smaller, community-owned credit unions in big ways.
Within our client’s network, not-for-profit credit unions collaborate when doing so helps them save money or improve business outcomes through network scale. Our client collaborates to invest in sustainability at a scale impossible for a single credit union alone – all while the credit unions remain fiercely independent banking co-ops.
At its apex, the credit union movement counted over 20,000, mostly small, local credit unions. Today, fewer than 6,000 remain. The tragic loss of many community-centric financial institutions, many of which were founded by the under-resourced during the depression, erodes America’s ability to serve the communities that span our country. The need for local, community-based financial institutions governed by their members and not stockholders is evident more now than ever. Our families face too much financial stress, not helped by some of the behaviors of the very large banks. As cooperatively owned financial service firms, credit unions are doing what we were created to do – help to bring financial security and dignity to us all.
Our client works daily to sustain small, community credit unions. “Here and small(er)” needs to counterbalance the “there and huge” of the big banks. They seek to preserve and ignite credit unions. That is their mission.
Our Client Provides for You:
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their competitive compensation of $65K-85K annually (depending on experience) plus commission, and extensive benefits package, enhances their commitment to your success. Our client’s benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off, flexible schedule, and remote work options
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Working with small credit unions nationwide, the Network Sales & Development is the voice of our client’s network to prospective partner credit unions. This is a sales job… But that is not the way our client thinks of sales.
Too few in the sales world understand the delicate balance between selling and actual consultative selling. Our client sells in service to their future partner credit unions; they help uncover whether our client can help them and they can help our client. To those who understand this distinction, our client looks forward to meeting you. To those wishing to learn, they may be able to teach you.
In this high communication position, the right team member will spend their days talking with other passionate credit union leaders nationwide, exploring with them, describing our unique model for small cooperative survival, and learning their needs. You will be expected to develop an expert level of knowledge in both client’s services and the operations of their prospective partners – always seeking to find synergies.
Quick-minded, our new team member will be called upon to speak publicly and participate in industry events representing the company. Quantitative analysis, bid preparation, selling around objections, and market projecting are part of the mix as well.
To be successful, you should have:
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to forge and maintain long-term relationships and trust
- A desire, not obsession, to persuade
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Accepts and responds well to feedback, meaning you’re willing to admit and own mistakes and adjust performance accordingly
- Ability to form productive strategic opinions based on patterns
- General comfort manipulating numbers
- Internet access sufficient for remote work
- Experience or desire to learn to manage others
- Experience or desire to learn to sell consultatively
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated ability to self-direct and self-motivate to show up daily for the work
- Travel required up to 40-50% depending on the time of year (to Credit Union locations and conferences)
- Associate / Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of formal training and experience
- Previous selling experience preferred
As the Director of Network Sales & Development, you will design and implement our client’s effort to grow their network through actively selling their services to credit unions:
- Talking: High quantity of communication with prospective credit union partners at all stages of the selling process, from cold-calling to final negotiations. Primarily remotely via Zoom, but with travel accenting our remote relationship development. Result: Create and maintain communication with 30- 100 credit unions in various stages of development.
- Writing: Create compelling proposals, business analyses, and service descriptions. Result: documents, presentations, and white papers that move people to understand and embrace our unique form of collaboration.
- Managing: Manage a growing pipeline of prospective credit union prospects, reporting the pipeline’s health in real and predictable ways. A growing degree of sales force automation will become an increasingly important skill. This position will oversee this transition to increased degrees of sophistication in sales oversight and reporting. Result: Successfully represent the interests of prospective credit unions to the firm. Successfully manage a pipeline of prospective partner credit unions.
- Presenting: Stand-up presentation to prospective credit union partners as the business development relationships deepen. Includes presenting to the leadership of the credit union and Board of Directors. Result: compelling persuasion of credit union leaders.
- Closing: Constantly growing skills in persuasion with a focus on closing suitable opportunities for the firm and the prospective client. Result: successful sales, generating new revenue, and partnership with prospective credit unions.
- Contributing: Work closely with the services owners – your colleagues – to improve rkGoBig services.
- Thinking: Contribute your quick mind to our collective thinking, planning, what-ifs, and doing. A natively good problem solver who leans into ideas, with the gumption to challenge the “wisdom” of leadership. Result: You get to participate in all aspects of the firm if you are game.
- Sense of Humor: Bring a spirit to the work that seeks to help your colleagues and, from time to time, make their day a better day. Result: We learn together the balance between serious work and never taking yourself too seriously.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.