Job ID: 17117
Location: St. Louis Missouri
J. Pollock Incorporated—located in St. Louis County, MO—is an independently owned consulting firm that assists clients in procuring and managing electricity and natural gas in competitive and regulated markets. We work on behalf of our clients, not the utilities, energy suppliers, and marketers. Our clients are energy-intensive consumers from various manufacturers, commercial interests, hospitals, schools, and public institutions.
J. Pollock advises clients on a wide range of energy and regulatory issues. We have participated in numerous projects involving investor-owned, municipal, cooperative, and government-owned utilities across the U.S. and several Canadian Provinces. This includes providing expert testimony in regulatory, legislative, and judicial proceedings on utility revenue requirements, jurisdictional and class cost-of-service studies, and rate design. These issues involve in-depth analysis and knowledge of accounting, economics, engineering, finance, natural gas/electricity markets, regulatory policies, procedures, and precedent. We also conduct audits, market assessments, price forecasts, and RFPs to assist clients in buying energy in competitive retail markets.
For more information about J. Pollock Incorporated, please visit their website at:
As an Energy Analyst you will work directly with our consulting staff to support expert testimony, regulatory filings, and client-specific projects. The ideal candidate will be an individual ready to learn, take initiative, and contribute to a team, have equal parts of humor, patience, and drive, along with an abundance of common sense and good judgment. The individual will apply mathematical, engineering, and economic principles to complex technical analysis of electric and natural gas issues. Experience with production costing and econometric models is a plus. This position requires strong analytical and written communication skills and a willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of regulatory issues and energy markets. The desire to contribute in an entrepreneurial, small company environment.
To be a success, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Mathematics, Business or Economics.
- Prefer 3-5 years of experience supporting or participating in litigation before regulatory commissions and familiarity with energy/regulatory policies, issues, and procedures. We are willing to train an individual with a solid analytic background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with advanced proficiency in EXCEL.
Your responsibilities as the Energy Analyst will include:
- Assess the impact of and identify key issues raised in a utility rate case, proposed rule, regulation, or statute.
- Support the preparation of testimony and exhibits in administrative proceedings, legislative hearings, litigation, and client presentations.
- Research issues relevant to regulated and competitive markets.
- Conduct energy market analysis, price forecasts, and bill audits.
- Analyze and prepare utility revenue requirements, jurisdictional and class cost-of-service studies, tariffs, and rate design studies of electric and natural gas utilities.
- Prepare discovery and analyze discovery responses and proposals submitted by regulatory participants.
- Understand and apply utility tariffs to project a client’s utility costs under various scenarios.
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off and holidays
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.