Job ID: 16417
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking on U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Companies to Work for 2024” list, and Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have work-from-home flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. Whether remote, in person or hybrid, we take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
FLSA COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
This position is responsible for assisting Insperity clients in their compliance efforts concerning Department of Labor (DOL) guidelines governing exempt/non-exempt classification issues under the Fair Labor Standards Act, specific state laws regulating wage and hour issues, and administrative decisions.
· Provides FLSA (wage and hour) review service for Middle Market and Emerging Growth clients with 50 or more worksite employees to assist with clients’ compliance with FLSA and similar state laws and regulations.
· Researches federal and state requirements regarding job classifications, payment of wages, and overtime compensation.
· Participates in the escalation process with manager to resolve client issues with FLSA Service.
· Enters data and tracks FLSA review service activity for reporting needs for HR Administrative Compliance and the company.
· Maintains data and file documentation for the FLSA review service according to current procedures.
· Assists FLSA Manager with the administrative duties related to wage claims and DOL audits.
· Assists with special FLSA review service when appropriate.
· Provides support, resource information to internal service providers, supervisors, and managers for escalated matters regarding requirements for compliance with FLSA as it relates to exempt/non-exempt issues.
· Assists with review of primary job duty for job descriptions as directed by department management, where appropriate, and provide pertinent FLSA resources.
· Utilizes Access, Excel, Word, Internet, Insperity OneVoice service tracking to accomplish the basic functions of the job.
· Completes FLSA team and/or HR Administrative Compliance special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Two to four years of experience in general business is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
· Principles, practices, and procedures of general business including knowledge of: Fair Labor Standards Act, specific state laws regulating wage and hour issues, and related regulations and administrative decisions regarding job exemption classifications and payment of wages and overtime.
· Effective customer service skills; communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing; works efficiently and effectively under narrow time constraints; follows verbal and written instructions; has strong attention to detail; works independently under moderate supervision; and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment; and maintains a professional demeanor, yet remains assertive with clients regarding compliance issues.
· Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures, and equipment; correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, business letter writing, and arithmetic; organizing and efficiently maintaining files; typing from clear, straight copy at 50 wpm; word processing preferably Word Perfect and Data Base.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.