Job ID: 16919
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking on U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Companies to Work for 2024” list, and Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. We take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Health & Welfare Benefits Specialist
We are currently seeking a Health & Welfare Benefits Specialist join our team. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Health & Welfare Team.
- Provides assistance and support to all organizational levels, internally and externally, in the interpretation and the resolution of questions and escalated issues related to the product offerings and benefit programs included in the Group Health Plan, Welfare Benefits Plan, Cafeteria Plan, Health Savings Program, Flexible Spending Arrangement Plans, Well-being resources, Commuter benefits and other offerings.
- Analyzes benefits information supplied by clients and employees and researches discrepancies in the application of that data.
- Researches and formulates responses making independent judgments to escalated benefits issues including support for the decision while solidifying the value proposition to the client.
- Acts as a consultative resource to talk through scenarios and provide potential solutions to internal service providers.
- Escalates third party service concerns within the vendors hierarchy of contacts. Maintains database of carrier contact and contract details.
- Interprets benefit plans, related policies and guidelines pertaining to the Product offerings, programs, benefits and services.
- Maintains knowledge of federal, state and local benefit administration laws, regulations and best practices including, but not limited to ERISA, HIPAA, IRC Section 125, and DOL.
- Identifies and alerts appropriate internal departments with information pertinent to vendor / carrier updates / issues / errors.
- Maintains relationships with all Health and Welfare teams, product vendors, benefits teams, Legal and Centers of Excellence.
- Serves as liaison with outside benefit providers to resolve escalated issues, identify root cause and trends, determine alternative solutions.
- Develops and maintains job aides on current internal processes. Identifies changes in procedures that improve the quality, efficiency, and customer experience in the delivery and administration of benefits.
- Performs timely and accurate completion of benefits administration processes and first level review of carrier policies and documents and submits to next level management for approval.
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of all inquiries. Identifies, documents and reports all repetitive questions and/or problems and recommend potential solutions.
- Assists with the annual corporate onsite events such as flu shots, Benefit Expo and virtual benefits fair.
- Hosts corporate employee training to include annual Open Enrollment and Annual Plan Design sessions.
- Serves as benefits project stakeholder with Senior or Leadership guidance.
- Assists Corporate Insperity employees with benefits questions and escalations.
- Generates reporting on team metrics.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Three to five years of experience in related field is required.