Job ID: 16442
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking on U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Companies to Work for 2024” list, and Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. We take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Human Resource Business Partner
We are currently seeking a Human Resource Business Partner to join our team. This position functions as a strategic partner to senior leaders within the assigned division(s), meeting regularly to review relent trends, business results and workforce metrics imperative to the company’s people strategy. In partnership with the Corporate HR department, and in alignment with business priorities, this position creates and oversees execution of the division’s unique talent plan by enabling leaders, facilitating change, and regularly communicating progress among key stakeholders.
- Builds productive relationships with assigned business leaders, functioning as a strategic partner to the division leadership team and as a liaison to the CHR department for the design and execution of talent strategies and the division’s talent plan.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the CHR leadership team to identify opportunities, conduct root cause analysis, and recommend solutions to achieve measurable business and talent objectives for the enterprise.
- Monitors, in concert with the CHR team, imperative workforce metrics at the division level such as employee morale, turnover, diversity, VOE feedback, etc. and develops plans intended to improve employee retention, employee engagement and working relationships.
- Partners with the compensation team as a liaison for the creation of jobs, career paths, organizational change, and education on total rewards.
- Works with senior leaders on talent readiness and developing bench strength. Facilitates Talking Talent and guides the leadership team to maximize employee potential through individual and career development plans, talent assessments, education, and individual coaching relationships.
- Participates in the development, evaluation, and monitoring of training programs to ensure success and skill proficiency, including new employee onboarding. Follows up with leaders to ensure training meets the requirements of the roles and that business objectives are met.
- Develops long-term plans to help the division acquire and develop skillsets needed to grow the organization. Collaborates with CHR team to create and execute plans to hire, train, and retain talent.
- Partners with the CTA team to improve recruitment outcomes, create a positive candidate experience and a strategic approach to talent acquisition that aligns with the organization’s short- and long-term goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of HR business partner experience with solid understanding of organization planning, job structure, learning management, data analytics, employee experience design and career paths to execute on the people strategy.
- Minimum of five years of team leadership experience.
- Experience partnering in a shared service model and working with HRIS or HCM.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt and present to diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, using data and analytics to tell a story.
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams in a collaborative and consensus-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business strategies into critical talent and workforce strategies and initiatives.
- Ability to innovate and challenge current norms and business rules to drive change in the division and throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated experience scaling talent programs at the organization and division level to achieve measurable positive business results.
- Significant experience working with leaders at all levels of an organization; demonstrated ability to influence and support senior leadership.
- Travel up to 20%
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.