Job ID: 16819
Location: Nationwide North Carolina
Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey? Look no further! We seek a dynamic and passionate IT/Systems Administrator to join our client’s team and play a crucial role in keeping their organization’s IT infrastructure running smoothly.
Our client’s mission is to spread the platform everywhere. They offer superior tooling, educational resources, and expert support—but at their core, they’re people helping other people understand and protect a vital asset: their email domains. Staying focused on their mission means they’re constantly improving by learning from the challenges that everyone faces while deploying their platform.
Our client’s Technical Operations team is seeking an IT/Systems Administrator. As the Administrator, you will provide internal technical support and asset management for most internal systems, helping Product Development with systems-based architectural decisions and documenting TechOps projects to maintain the company’s SOC-2 and ISO-27001 certifications.
Our client’s internal systems are based on Google Workspace and Google Cloud Platform. Various cloud-based services fill out their business systems, including ClickUp, Xero, Chargebee, SendGrid, and Gitlab. You will ensure configurations are accurate and access is granted for employees and other systems in adherence with the company’s compliance standards.
As experience with our client’s business and system processes is gained, you will be expected to provide input into the Product Development process. This input comes in the form of insight into the capabilities and limitations of various SaaS offerings — both in use by the company and in evaluation during the process.
Lastly, as the Administrator, you will be responsible for maintaining portions of the company’s SOC-2 and ISO-27001 certifications that pertain to Technical Operations. The certificates are a reflection of the company’s ongoing process discipline. Maintaining, improving, and creating additional processes as needed is central to your IT/Systems Administrator role.
To be successful as the IT/Systems Administrator, you should:
- Be Organized. You are detail-oriented and capable of managing and prioritizing the needs of employees in an asynchronous, fast-paced environment. You are self-motivated, goal-oriented, and driven to advance the organization’s mission.
- Be Professional. You have a high regard for privacy and confidentiality and operate with the highest level of emotional intelligence with great compassion and support.
- Be a Communicator. Working remotely will allow your communication skills to shine as you interact with coworkers via email, instant messaging, and virtual meetings. You have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Are Empathetic. You’ve researched our client and resonated with their culture and values. You can practice empathy and patience for coworkers with the capacity to acknowledge and resolve problems.
- Be Experienced. A preference will be given to those who have experience with SOC-2 and/or ISO 27001 controls. Your background includes the following experience:
- 2+ years of experience obtaining knowledge of IT/Systems administration principles and practice is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted year-to-year.
- Provisioning and maintaining employee resources
- Working knowledge of SOC-2 and/or ISO27001 controls
- Knowledge and adherence to cybersecurity best practices
- Procuring and configuring employee-facing equipment
- Proficient with Google Workspace and Google Cloud Platform
Our client aims to hire the best, brightest, and most intrinsically motivated people. They also understand that it can’t always be reflected via conventional work experience. They believe diverse perspectives make them stronger. If you think you have the skills and passion for this role and you like who our client is, they encourage you to apply even if your previous experience isn’t a conventional match.
Your responsibilities as the IT/Systems Administrator will include:
- Provide internal technical support for company employees
- Asset management – procure and configure employee accounts and equipment
- Monitor internal systems for uptime, reliability, and service delivery
- Provide feedback on ProductDev processes and their impact to TechOps when needed
- Document TechOps projects
- Facilitate ongoing adherence to SOC-2 and ISO27001 controls
- Provide evaluations and advice on business-related SaaS options
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their competitive compensation of 90K to 100K annually, depending on experience and extensive benefits package, enhances their commitment to your success. Our client’s benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off, flexible schedule, and remote work choices provided
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.