Job ID: 15041
Location: Rosenberg Texas
2nd Shift – Monday-Friday – 1:30 pm10:00 pm
Biotics Research has been a leader in the nutrition industry for over 40 years. Known for top-quality supplements and enhanced product delivery systems, the company drives advancement by focusing on research initiatives, unique product formulation, and unprecedented quality control. A family-owned company with a rich history, Biotics Research is most proud of its valued partnerships with healthcare professionals.
As the Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible and accountable for the mechanical diagnosis, analysis, and repair of manufacturing and/or packaging process machines and equipment which could include but is not limited to tablet presses, encapsulation machines, coaters, blenders, mixers, packaging lines, pouch line, powder lines, and liquid lines provide mechanical preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance duties in manufacturing and packaging process as well as related utilities including.
As a member of the Biotics Research team, you will be expected to comply with all Security Guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations, SOPs, and the current Good Manufacturing Practices. We strongly believe in “Safety First, Quality Always” for our employees, products, and customers.
We are seeking someone who can work independently to complete a designated list of tasks and that is also able to effectively communicate with a team. If this is something you’re passionate about also, this could be your next great opportunity!
To be successful, you should have:
· High School Diploma or equivalent – Technical degree in maintenance related field preferred
· 2 years minimum experience as a maintenance technician in a food/beverage/pharmaceutical manufacturing environment with the ability to troubleshoot
· Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Sanitation, and Safety standards for food manufacturing
· PLC experience preferred
· Experience with and ability to use various types of welding, cutting, machine, and hand tools
· Experience in high-speed packaging
· Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
· Ability to sit, stand, push, pull, walk, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and regularly and occasionally lift 0-80 lbs.
· Ability to read and interpret instructions
· Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanic and/or instrumentation situations on process equipment
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact with employees, co-workers, vendors, contractors, and supervisors in an effective and pleasant manner.
· Must be organized and able to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
· Proficient in the use of basic hand tools and power tools.
· Proficient computer skills (e.g., maintenance software, Excel, Word, Outlook).
Your responsibilities as the Maintenance Technician will include:
· Proactively maintains all aspects of assigned area of responsibility and communicates with the supervisor of action taken.
· Assists with basic preventive or corrective maintenance tasks and performs minor maintenance repairs.
· Performs duties associated with all techniques as developing skills safely allows.
· Performs detailed inspections of buildings or equipment for proper operation. Informs appropriate personnel of unusual conditions, problems, deficiencies, and safety hazards.
· Starts up, shuts down, and adjusts equipment or systems in accordance with established operational and safety procedures.
· Assembles and installs equipment.
· Assists with disaster preparedness and recovery efforts.
· Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
· Performs related duties as required.
· Travel between facilities as required.
· Provides mechanical support to manufacturing, packaging, and utilities projects.
· Performs any other activity when required based on business needs, not necessary in the assigned area or area of expertise.
· Participates in equipment modifications, rearrangements, or minor projects.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including
· 401(k) contribution from company
· Incentive pay
· 16 days of paid time off
· Paid Holidays
· Life insurance
· Short / Long term disability
· Professional development assistance
· Health insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Flexible spending account
· Referral program
· Career Growth Path
· In-house Product Allowance
· Tools, Equipment, & Uniforms provided by company
Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.