Job ID: 17604
Location: Los Angeles California
Do you have a passion for tinkering, troubleshooting, and turning wrenches? Are you the go-to “fix-it” friend in your group? If you’re ready to turn your love for all things mechanical into a rewarding career, look no further! We want YOU to join our team as a Maintenance Technician and bring a dose of fun to fixing things!
R.W. Selby & Co., Inc. operates primarily in the multifamily market, with decades of experience developing, renovating, and managing apartment communities in premier Southern California and Nevada locations. In 1977, we transformed from brokerage to principal, and today, we own and operate apartment communities throughout Southern California and Nevada.
At Selby & Co., we understand that our most valuable assets are our team of professionals. We aim to promote from within and believe the most qualified individual is the one we cultivate here. We invite individuals who desire a fulfilling career in real estate and the opportunity to learn firsthand to apply today! Our ideal candidate is someone who looks toward the future with tremendous enthusiasm and takes pride in their work, in addition to sharing our commitment to a standard of excellence.
As the Maintenance Technician, you will repair and maintain the apartment community. Depending on the property, you will be required to clean the grounds and common areas of the Property and report to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or the Property Manager.
To succeed, you should have:
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical training or certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in maintenance, repair, or a related field.
- Fearless problem-solving skills and a “can-do” attitude.
- Electrical, plumbing and mechanical expertise are a definite spark of brilliance.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong communication skills and a knack for teamwork.
Above all, as the Maintenance Technician, you will ensure the following standards are upheld and adhered to and are the basis of all daily operations:
R.W. Selby & Co., Inc. Standards of Excellence
- Ensure clean and neat physical property and rent-ready apartments
- Meet or exceed NOI (Net Operating Income)
- Provide exceptional customer service to residents and prospects
- Follow operational standard processes
Your responsibilities as the Maintenance Technician will include:
- Address resident service requests promptly within 48 hours, using follow-up logs for quality control.
- Conduct pre-and post-move-in/move-out apartment inspections.
- Proactively maintain property appearance and curb appeal by removing debris and trash.
- Prepare vacant apartments for showings within 5 days of move-outs.
- Change locks with each new tenancy or upon resident request (approved by the Manager).
- Continuously inspect and enhance the property, focusing on community appearance.
- Ensure a clean, safe, and well-maintained community for residents.
- Strictly adhere to safety policies and always use required safety equipment.
- Organize and maintain work and storage areas with safety in mind.
- Supervise vendors for efficient and professional performance.
- Implement daily use of the Porter Checklist, filing completed checklists as instructed by the Property Manager.
- Dust “market-ready” vacant apartments twice weekly, maintain common areas’ cleanliness and ensure clean and well-organized pool areas.
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $22-24 hourly for the more advanced Maintenance Technician Compensation is dependent upon experience. The client offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan with employer matching
- Basic life insurance and voluntary supplemental life insurance coverage options
- Voluntary disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- Workplace perks
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.