Job ID: 16721
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on Workplace Dynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Manager, Insperity 401(k) Recordkeeping
We are currently seeking a Manager, Insperity 401(k) Recordkeeping to join our team.
This position is responsible for managing the team responsible for all aspects of participant 401(k) recordkeeping, including participant and client driven transactions, processing of client plan amendments, handling of lost participants and uncashed checks, and all other participant level recordkeeping functions for the Insperity 401(k) Plan (NSPk) and the Insperity Corporate 401(k) Plan.
- Manages, coaches and trains individual team members responsible for 401(k) recordkeeping functions connected with fulfillment of participant and client driven transactions including daily payroll contribution reconciliation and processing, reviewing and/or processing of participant distributions, withdrawals, loans, rollovers, and annual contribution processing in all related systems and applications.
- Executes consistent audits to ensure quality controls meet department and organization standards.
- Collaborates closely with client service teams in the coordination and fulfillment of client level transfers out of the NSPk Plan to other qualified retirement plans, including scheduling and conducting the asset and data transfer with the client’s new plan service provider.
- Works closely with business units, consultants, compliance, vendors, and department leadership to refine/define plan recordkeeping strategies.
- Monitors industry trends to identify process improvement, opportunities, and maintenance of industry standards associated with the recordkeeping of 401(k) plans.
- Maintains a working knowledge of ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code and applicable regulatory guidelines connected with 401(k) plan operations, recordkeeping, and administration to new and existing procedures to protect Insperity from potential fiduciary and legal risks.
- Manages the client amendment process in tandem with the service team to assure timely and accurate implementation of desired changes in all related systems and applications.
- Collaborates with the Insperity Contact Center to continuously improve participant’s transaction processing experience for form-based transactions and/or record updates that participants are not able to complete independently online.
- Resolves escalated operational and inquiry calls from internal and external partners as it relates to participant related transactions.
- Monitors and reports transaction metrics to identify trends and to report to leadership.
- Serves as project lead on process improvement efforts necessary to service a high volume of NSPk plan transactions with accuracy and efficiency with a focus on minimizing errors that result in financial consequences to Insperity.
- Streamlines processes in alignment with organizational growth.
- Manages and executes corrective activity to maintain 401k plan compliance.
- Reviews and monitors third party providers and their applications related to NSPk recordkeeping to assure Retirement Services is using providers that align with industry best practices.
- Participates in key decisions as a member of Retirement Services leadership team, including efforts to effectively manage the department’s resources and to effect continuous improvement in the department’s performance.
- Researches and responds/resolves inquiry calls from clients and participants concerning operational issues, as well as providing information and assistance to other areas of the company.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Seven or more years’ experience in the retirement services field required, with plan recordkeeping experience preferred.
- Experience in the Professional Employer Organization (PEO) industry and with multiple employer or pooled employer plans preferred.
- Previous management or supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Understanding of common investments found in 401(k) plans and how they are valued.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations
- with those encountered in the course of employment, familiar with modern office methods, practices,
- procedures, and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in
- correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Solid understanding of qualified retirement plans, including ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, and
- relevant regulations. Ability to read and interpret regulations and plan documents required.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.