Job ID: 16430
Location: Las Vegas Nevada 89169
Medical Assistants – Las Vegas and Henderson Area Offices – NKDHC
Are you ready to embark on a rewarding healthcare journey? Look no further – we’re seeking a dedicated and empathetic Medical Assistant to join our exceptional team.
As the largest provider of dialysis products and services, Nevada Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (NKDHC) has over 1,800 kidney dialysis clinics providing superior care to individuals with renal (kidney) disease. We are considered experts in the treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), Acute Renal Failure (ARF), Kidney Transplantation, and creating and maintaining access to dialysis therapies. Our company is a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. We are expanding and seeking Medical Assistants and Patient Care Coordinators to join our Las Vegas and Henderson area teams.
As the Medical Assistant, you will perform general medical assistant functions in support of the care and treatment of patients while assisting all office personnel as needed.
To be successful, you should have:
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant or a diploma or certificate showing completion of a course of study from an institution that prepares Medical Assistants for their work and equivalent experience with excellent customer service and communication skills for interfacing with patients, staff, and outside vendors
- At least 2 years of front and back office experience preferred
- Ability to support a pleasant, positive, and cooperative teamwork environment, as well as support our Company’s Corporate Mission, Core Values, and Vision required
- Ability to prioritize and use diplomacy skills coupled with the ability to multi-task and lift and/or move 20 pounds.
- Ability to use a stethoscope, computer, scanner, printer, telephone, fax, and copier
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus
- Previous experience in Internal Medicine is also a plus
Your responsibilities as the Medical Assistant will include:
- Perform patient care activities, such as back office check-in, check-out, prescription refills, anemia management, procedure schedules, and patient education.
- Schedule 24-hour blood pressure monitoring.
- Interview patients to measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height, and medication list; record information in patients’ charts
- Draw the patient’s blood.
- Notify the physician of changes in the patient’s clinical status and/or abnormal test results.
- Process medical record requests from patients, referring physician offices, and attorneys.
- Complete clerical tasks including but not limited to distributing mail and reports, filing, scanning, scheduling, data input, answering phones, and general support to all office personnel.
- Facilitate the annual purging process of patient charts.
- Monitor the dictation process by maintaining accurate dictation logs, ensuring physician review and signature, mailing reports, and scanning dictation into patient files.
- Mail recall and no-show letters to patients; follow up with patients and/or primary care physician as needed.
- EMR Scribes
- Patient Encounter Preparation
- Encounter Data Entry Preparation
NKDHC values our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by competitive compensation, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off and holidays
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Make a difference in healthcare, one patient at a time. Your medical assistant skills can shine at Nevada Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center!
If you’re ready to be part of a team that values compassion and commitment to patient care, we would love to hear from you! Join our healthcare family and be part of something extraordinary.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.