Job ID: 17248
Location: Columbus Ohio
Are you a dynamic leader ready to take on a thrilling challenge in operations? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where every day is different? If so, we want YOU to be our next Operations Supervisor!
The Nelson Company seeks a reliable Operations Supervisor to lead a team to ensure seamless day-to-day operations, implement efficient processes, and drive continuous improvement while fostering a positive and inclusive team culture.
To thrive as the Operations Supervisor, you should have:
- At least 2+ years of proven work experience as Operations Supervisor, Manager, or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes, and best practices
- Purchase materials, plan inventory, and oversee warehouse efficiency
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff
- Find ways to increase the quality of customer service
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $20-$22 per hour, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off and holidays and a flexible schedule
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
The Nelson Company distributes plastic pallets, wood pallets, containers, racks, unitizing, and protective angleboard systems. We manufacture wooden and corrugated industrial packaging products, including custom pallets and containers.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.