Job ID: 17456
Location: Toledo Ohio
Outdoor Program Manager / Summer Overnight Camp Director
Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do socially responsible work.
Girl Scouts of Western Ohio is shaping the future of girl leadership! Our core strengths are rooted in our agile teams, our innovation and our belief that learning never stops. Joining Girl Scouts means you will be part of an inclusive team-centric organization where the girls and communities we serve are our top priority. Working at Girl Scouts of Western Ohio allows you to build a meaningful career while you grow personally and professionally! If you would like to empower girls to make the world a better place – you belong at Girl Scouts! Join the movement!
Your duties as the Outdoor Program Manager / Summer Overnight Camp Director will include:
- Support the development and implementation of council-wide outdoor program opportunities and resources to provide access to high-quality Girl Scout Leadership Experiences to girls in all communities through outdoor, environmental, and adventure challenge education.
- Increase outdoor, environmental education, and adventure challenge programming implementation by volunteers and staff through consistent training, management, and documentation of core principles, safety standards, and other requirements.
- Develop and implement a council-wide summer overnight camp plan that supports participation by girls representing the diversity of our council and that reflects their needs and interests. This plan should include staff and girl recruitment, risk management, implementation of safety standards, and program development based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- Identify and cultivate community collaborations in assigned regions to provide ALL Girl Scouts with broad access to community-based Girl Scout Leadership Experience that fosters growth towards the four council program goals and that meets the needs and interests of girls as identified by internal and external data with a focus on outdoor, environmental and adventure challenge education.
To be successful, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent work experience in a related field or a combination of education, training, and experience providing necessary skills.
- One season of camp administration experience.
- Team-oriented with a commitment to organizational goals.
- Ability to be a full-time resident living on a Girl Scouts of Western Ohio property during the 3-month summer camp season.
- Availability for often evening and weekend work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid state driver’s license and vehicle for work within the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio region.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by competitive compensation, depending on experience, and a generous benefits package.
- Ability to build your skills and grow your career.
- Supportive environment for learning and development.
- Flexibility for work/life balance.
- Opportunity for hybrid teleworking arrangement.
- A high-achieving and fun team.
- Casual dress code.
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB)
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. GSWO is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.