Job ID: 16997
Location: Burbank California
Porter / Groundskeeper
Are you ready to embark on a rewarding career where you can make a tangible difference daily? We’re looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Porter/Groundskeeper to become a crucial part of our dynamic team. If you are passionate about creating a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment, we want to hear from you!
R.W. Selby & Co., Inc. operates primarily in the multifamily market, with decades of experience developing, renovating, and managing apartment communities in premier Southern California and Nevada locations. In 1977, we transformed from brokerage to principal, and today, we own and operate apartment communities throughout Southern California and Nevada.
At Selby & Co., we understand that our most valuable assets are our team of professionals. We aim to promote from within and believe the most qualified individual is the one we cultivate here. We invite individuals who desire a fulfilling career in real estate and the opportunity to learn firsthand to apply today! Our ideal candidate is someone who looks toward the future with tremendous enthusiasm and takes pride in their work, in addition to sharing our commitment to a standard of excellence.
As the Porter / Groundskeeper, you will clean and maintain all areas of the apartment community. You will receive instructions from the Property Manager and the Maintenance Staff and report to the Property Manager.
To succeed, you should have:
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Basic knowledge of landscaping equipment and maintenance tools.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Physical fitness and the ability to perform manual labor.
- Prior experience in a similar role is a plus but not required.
Above all, as the Porter / Groundskeeper, you will ensure the following standards are upheld and adhered to and are the basis of all daily operations:
R.W. Selby & Co., Inc. Standards of Excellence
- Ensure clean and neat physical property and rent-ready apartments
- Meet or exceed NOI (Net Operating Income)
- Provide exceptional customer service to residents and prospects
- Follow operational standard processes
Your responsibilities as the Porter/Groundskeeper will include:
- Ensure a clean, safe, and well-maintained community for residents.
- Complete and file the daily Porter Checklist per the Property Manager’s instructions.
- Daily cleaning of walkways, stairways, porches, balconies, carports, garages, and dumpster areas.
- Thoroughly clean laundry rooms and public restrooms daily.
- Daily cleaning and trash inspection of pool areas, with regular pool furniture maintenance.
- Daily trash removal from the property’s grounds, carports, and curbs.
- Maintain cleanliness in office spaces, including vacuuming, dusting, and window cleaning (if applicable).
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $16.00 – $17.00 per hour, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan with employer matching
- Basic life insurance and voluntary supplemental life insurance coverage options
- Voluntary disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- Workplace perks
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.