Job ID: 17633
Location: Nationwide District of Columbia
Project Associate – TRAIN -Remote
Are you passionate about making a positive impact? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment that daily brings new challenges and opportunities? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Imagine a career where your expertise meets a mission that matters. The Public Health Foundation (PHF) seeks a Project Associate to help us train Affiliate Administrators and support their use of the TRAIN LMS platform. The TRAIN Learning Network, serving over 5 million users, provides a platform for agencies and organizations to manage and share training for professionals and volunteers who work to protect and improve the public’s health.
Reporting to the TRAIN Engagement Manager, the Project Associate will play a key role in developing and delivering training for a variety of audiences. This role will also provide ongoing communication, guidance, and resources to our admin community.
Training and Development:
- Work with the TRAIN Engagement Manager to design, develop, and conduct training sessions tailored for various audiences
- Schedule and facilitate onboarding training for new affiliates
- Provide training for new affiliate administrators in established affiliate entities
- Collaborate with internal team members to support creation of training tools and user guides
- Provide guidance on the use of TRAIN to maximize its capabilities for the administrators and their constituents
- Communicate with Affiliate Administrators and Course Providers: provide resources, inform the community about changes, opportunities, and events
- Assist with establishing ongoing communication channels and creating peer-to-peer learning opportunities among TRAIN Affiliate Administrators
- Maintain affiliate and course provider contact lists
- Coordinate and facilitate the TRAIN Affiliate Consortium (TAC) Bi-Monthly call, including planning, agenda creation, note-taking, and communication dispatch
- Generate and deliver reports to key stakeholders
- Assist with the planning and delivery of the Public Health Learning Forum and TRAIN Learning Network Annual Meeting
- Undertake a resources clean-up project to streamline and provide essential resources to the administrator community
- Administer AWS services for Course Providers that use cloud storage, ensuring optimal operation and support
- Maintain regular communication with stakeholders, including the TRAIN Engagement Manager and TRAIN team
- Work closely with the Engagement Manager and internal TRAIN team to ensure learning management system (LMS) features lead to an intuitive and user-friendly platform
- Engage with key parties to support the launch of LMS features and adoption
Serve as the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) National TRAIN Administrator
- Assist MRC regional liaisons, unit leaders, and learners with using TRAIN technology
- Provide support to the MRC Affiliate Administrator to manage, promote, and expand the use of MRC TRAIN
- Maintain strong relationships with key business partners (including but not limited to the TRAIN team and affiliate administrators)
- Be an advocate for the TRAIN product
- Participate in other occasional functions to help drive our Vision and fulfill our Mission
- Travel up to 15% of the time to meet business needs
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Ability to simplify complex messages and adapt communication style to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work on your own and within a team
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen internal and external partnerships
- Open to giving and receiving feedback in a productive way
Analysis and Decision Making
- Thinks critically and asks probing questions to solve problems at the root
- Open to new and different ways of doing things
- Prioritizes and manages time effectively, leveraging resources and tools
- Ability to use adult learning principles to train a variety of adult learners
- Willingness to learn, grow, and discover
- Strong sense of customer service
- 2-4 years training experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Adult Education, or a related field preferred. In lieu of a degree, must have 4 years of experience with TRAIN administration or other learning management system administration
- Remote, hybrid, or in-person facilitation and training experience with adult learners, preferably in the public health sector
- Skills in developing training and communication materials
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Preferred: Public health environment experience
- Familiarity with SCORM preferred
- Preferred: experience working in Jira, Confluence, Miro, Zoom, or similar technologies
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a competitive salary of $55,000-$72,000, annually, depending on skills and experience
Our benefits include:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance (80% covered by PHF)
- Life and disability insurance (100% covered by PHF)
- Retirement planning: 401(k) plan with defined contribution
- Work-life balance: Generous paid time off and holidays
We maintain an environment where our employees can learn and grow with the organization. We strive to provide a collaborative atmosphere where everyone is encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
PHF staff has created an environment of strong organizational values of putting people first, excellence in the work we do, open and honest communication, and being supportive of one another. To learn more about our staff values, please visit our website at http://www.phf.org/AboutUs/Pages/Staff_Values.aspx.
Join us on this incredible journey! Together, we can make a lasting impact.
Mailed applications and phone calls will not be accepted.
Visit our website at www.phf.org.
Public Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.