Job ID: 17026
Location: Washington D.C. District of Columbia
Project Associate, Performance Management and Quality Improvement (PMQI)
The Public Health Foundation (PHF), a national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving public health and population health practice to support healthier communities, seeks a Project Associate to provide administrative and programmatic support within the Performance Management and Quality Improvement (PMQI) Unit.
Staff local to the DC area work a hybrid schedule in the office at least once per week. Reporting to the Senior Program Manager of Performance Management and Quality Improvement (PMQI), you will support the PMQI team by implementing projects, such as developing immunization eLearning, coordinating and promoting public health evidence, and supporting governmental public health in organizational improvement. You will also coordinate meetings, webinars, and events; support the creation of project documents and reporting; compile and summarize information and notes; and contribute to team and project communications.
As the Project Associate, you will support PHF’s Immunization Program in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
To be successful, you should have:
- 3+ years of professional work experience
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office program suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently but also function effectively as a member of project teams
- General knowledge or interest in public health, immunization, or infectious diseases preferred
Your responsibilities as the Project Associate will include:
- Support day-to-day operations related to PMQI programs, projects, and products
- Implement strategies for achieving PMQI project, program, and product objectives and targets
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, webinars, and trainings, and operate video conferencing
- Organize and develop notes and action items for internal and external meetings
- Compile and summarize information relevant to assigned project work
- Organize, track, and file project documents in a team-shared drive
- Keep the PMQI Senior Program Manager informed about progress, milestones, potential and emerging challenges, and feedback from partners and clients
- Proofread and format project work plans, resources, reports, and abstracts
- Update activity trackers to show the progress of project deliverables
- Update databases for emailed newsletters and partner contacts
- Respond to internal and external requests for information
- Provide general administrative and technical support
- Contribute to staff and team meetings
- Contribute to business development and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a comprehensive salary for that outstanding candidate!
PHF staff has created an environment of strong organizational values of putting people first, excellence in our work, open and honest communication, and being supportive of one another. To learn more about our staff values, please visit our website at http://www.phf.org/AboutUs/Pages/Staff_Values.aspx.
Plus, we maintain the best environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
****When applying, provide a resume and two writing samples(maximum one page each) ****
Mailed applications and phone calls will not be accepted.
Visit our website at www.phf.org.
Public Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.