Job ID: 17546
Location: Washington D.C Virginia
Public Policy Associate – Hybrid
The National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB) is the hub of a national network of more than 200+ mission-driven organizations that anchor institutions in geographically and ethnically diverse Latino communities in 46 states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. Members of the NALCAB Network invest in their communities by building affordable housing, addressing gentrification, supporting small business growth, and providing financial counseling on issues including credit building and homeownership. As a grant maker and US Treasury-certified CDFI lender, NALCAB supports the work of its member network with capacity-building resources, capital and policy advocacy, and access to funding and technical assistance. NALCAB’s work advances economic mobility for low- and moderate-income people. Our mission is to strengthen the economy by advancing economic mobility in Latino communities.
NALCAB’s small but growing policy team plays the leading role in conveying NALCAB’s policy goals to policymakers at all levels of government. From conducting public policy research to building communications tools – the Public Policy Associate will assist in advancing NALCAB’s policy priorities and advocacy efforts.
To be successful, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Public Policy, Political Science or related field.
- Exposure to and a working understanding of the legislative and regulatory process strongly preferred.
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
Your key responsibilities as the Public Policy Associate will include:
- Work closely with the Director of Public Policy to carry out strategies to enhance our advocacy efforts.
- Help track legislative and regulatory actions related to asset building including small business, consumer finance, housing, community development, among others.
- Conduct research for comment letters, policy briefs, memos, talking points, and other policy and advocacy related materials.
- Assist with policy capacity building training and presentations.
- Help with the planning and execution of NALCAB’s annual Advocacy Day
- and other policy related events.
- Manage NALCAB’s policy social media content and assist in the publication of NALCAB’s weekly policy newsletter.
- Attend and take notes to report back to the team for coalition convenings, congressional hearings, briefings, roundtables and other events.
- Support the NALCAB team on a broad range of policy issues at the federal, state, and
- local levels of government.
- Some travel required.
Location of Employment
NALCAB has instituted a flexible hybrid schedule that allows for a remote work schedule along with required days at the office. NALCAB’s main office is located at 5404 Wurzbach Rd. San Antonio, TX 78238. Additionally, NALCAB’s office in Washington, DC is located at 910 17th NW St. Suite 820 Washington DC, 20006
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $46k – $56k, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Paid holidays
- Hybrid work schedule
- Parental Leave
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
NALCAB is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NALCAB believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.