Job ID: 17174
Location: Kennesaw Georgia 30144
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking 28th out of 100 on Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list with a 4.5 out of 5.0 rating. Our internship program was recognized as a Top 100 Internship Program for 2022 by Yello/WayUp. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Rotational Human Resource Intern Program
We are seeing Human Resource Interns to work in a rotation on projects/assignments with various Human Resource teams including Employee Relations, Compliance, Recruiting and Selection, Compensation, Performance Management and Payroll Administration. Work projects involve assignments that are relevant to Insperity’s current business needs and opportunities.
- Learns through completion of work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies, and applying data and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating with others, often cross-functionally, to solve business problems; supporting the completion of priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback. Contributes to the completion of projects and department objectives as specified by the rotation manager.
Observes and learns the practical applications of:
- Providing guidance and service focusing on liability management including performance measurement review, referral to internal EEO Compliance Specialists, employee counseling, policy development and administration, and termination, securing internal legal input as required.
- Implementing programs to enhance productivity and reduce liability through improved communications and HR practices. These include, but are not limited to, handbooks, job descriptions, performance appraisal systems, and employee counseling statements.
- The interrelationship of HR and Payroll in the areas of leaves of absence, payroll issues related to onboarding and termination and report generation.
- Employee benefits management issues related to plan open enrollment, benefits enrollment and termination, troubleshooting employee benefits issues, and the customer service aspect of benefits oversight.
- Payroll processing including review of data supplied by clients for accuracy and completeness, inputs and balances payroll data accurately, ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations, processes payroll, and reviews/analyzes payroll reports for accuracy and distributes to clients.
- Developing and implementing compensation programs including analysis of current pay practices and making recommendations to enhance client programs.
- Attends events designed to connect Interns and Associates working across different functional areas throughout Insperity.
- Provides ongoing feedback on improvements and upgrades to the program.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Actively pursuing or has obtained a Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field is preferred.
- GPA of 3.25 or higher preferred.
- Effective problem solving/decision making skills.
- Basic presentation skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs, experience using customer relationship management software, and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.