Job ID: 14936
Location: Phoenix Arizona 85012
Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (AKDHC) is one of the nation’s largest groups of physicians specializing in the care of patients with renal disease. Since 1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com
Scrub Technician – AKDHC Phoenix Access Surgery Center
Utilizing your skills and talents, you will provide care to patients undergoing procedures within the Access Center in accordance with established procedures and as directed.
- Assists with preparing the patient for the designated procedure(s) and intra-operative procedure(s).
- Demonstrates competency and knowledge in aseptic techniques, surgical scrub skills, and sterilization processes.
- Opens surgical equipment for each case appropriately and anticipates the physician’s needs during each procedure.
- Hands off surgical instruments appropriately to avoid injuries.
- Communicates with other STs any surgical instruments needing repair or missing. Maintains the instrument log.
- Assists physicians and nurses within the scope of the legal limitations of a Surgical Technician.
- Ultimately responsible for the cleaning and disinfection of equipment and instruments according to established policy and procedure.
- Maintains all sterilization testing, records, and logs.
- Participates in training and education of new employees and other staff in regard to aseptic techniques and processes.
- Provides in-services as needed on new equipment and any upgrades or changes to equipment.
- Performs housekeeping duties as directed, e.g., cleaning patient rooms upon departure, preparing the room for the next patient, cleaning and maintaining the exam and consultation rooms, and stocking rooms as needed.
- Handles patient specimens, prepares specimen containers, and completes laboratory slips and culture/path slips, as requested. Note they really don’t fill out lab slips
- Verifies and makes necessary changes to patient’s access in Medical Manager.
- Ensures supplies are put away in the stock room and assists with supply inventory needs.
- Assists as needed in all areas including but not limited to: pre-op, post-op, and to cover the front desk.
- Communicates effectively with all staff in the room as well as the charge nurse to promote good patient care.
- Participates in committees as directed, required to participate on the Product Evaluation Committee and CQI projects as necessary.
- The standard work week for the Access Surgery Centers is 40 hours per week.
- Graduate from an accredited Surgical Technician Program.
- Basic computer skills are needed.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support
- Current status with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters is required for employment in the Access Surgery Centers.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.