Job ID: 17244
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking on U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Companies to Work for 2024” list, and Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. We take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Senior Compliance Analyst
We are currently seeking a Senior Compliance Analyst to join our team.
This position is responsible for leading both recurring and non-recurring compliance related projects, keeping management updated on progress and providing management reporting. These projects include, but are not limited to, annual nondiscrimination testing of the Insperity 401(k) Plan and all prototype plans, Internal Revenue Service Forms preparation and audit coordination, prototype plan amendments and restatements, and third party software updates and enhancements.
- Manages the execution of and performs annual and interim nondiscrimination testing for an assigned caseload including participant benefit allocations, and preparation of the written communication of results to client owners, Insperity Retirement Services’ plan consultants and Insperity client services.
- Prepares annual Internal Revenue Service Form 5500 and Form 8955-SSA accurately and timely by the IRS imposed deadlines for assigned 401(k) plans administered by Insperity Retirement Services.
- Prepares annual audit packages for plans subject to independent accountant’s opinion, including responding to audit related inquiries and provides financial statement preparation assistance for the two Insperity sponsored 401(k) plans.
- Prepares prototype plan adoption agreements, plan restatements, mandatory and optional amendments, and associated required participant notices using third party plan document administration software, assuring that all documents are complete and the appropriate provisions selected are supported in Insperity Retirement Services’ standard services.
- Reviews client sponsored 401(k) plan documents for clients interested in merging their plan into and adopting the Insperity 401(k) Plan. Determines the feasibility of accepting prior plan assets ensuring that all required protected benefits are maintained, the plan is compliant and compatible, and the plan merger will not adversely impact the Insperity 401(k) Plan.
- Reviews client sponsored 401(k) plan documents for clients adopting a prototype plan with Insperity to ensure that all plan provisions and protected benefits are carried forward to the restated plan documents.
- Reviews the Insperity Controlled Group and Nondiscrimination Testing Questionnaire to confirm that a client meets all of the requirements necessary to be eligible to elect the Insperity 401(k) Plan, including being able to identify potential business and ownership structures that may result in a controlled group of companies.
- Provides technical expertise on advanced technical issues to Insperity Retirement Services’ plan consultants, operations personnel, Insperity client services, and when requested to clients directly,.
- Assists with administering the Insperity Deferred Compensation Plan for clients that elect to adopt the plan, including client consulting and annual open enrollment coordination.
- Monitors legislative changes for potential required amendments for all 401(k) plans administered by Insperity Retirement Services.
- Advises and assists Retirement Services compliance personnel with review of new and existing operations procedures to identify issues and gaps that could cause potential delays and/or increase compliance risks to Insperity and its clients.
- Manages the execution of various tasks with a regulatory compliance deadline, including minimum required distributions to participants, annual required contribution calculations, review of domestic relations orders, and required plan sponsor and participant/employee fee disclosure notices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or industry specific equivalent experience is required.
- Four to seven years of experience in defined contribution plan administration field is required.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.