Job ID: 16285
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking 28th out of 100 on Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list with a 4.5 out of 5.0 rating. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. We take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Senior Technology Software Asset Management Analyst
We are currently seeking a Senior Technology Software Asset Management Analyst to join our team.
This position is responsible for governing the IT software asset management lifecycle. This role provides both technical and business expertise to negotiate software contracts and focuses on software acquisition, renewals, and terminations. This role will work closely with other internal stakeholders, including Legal, TIS, Software Compliance and ITS Finance, as well as managing communications with external third parties.
Facilitates execution of the IT software asset management lifecycle activities including:
- Develops and sustains relationships with third parties vital to success, including resellers, software manufacturers, and software asset specialist.
- Collaborates with Technology Infrastructure leads to discuss key aspects of their projects, including project status to drive asset depreciation, and the forecast for new projects.
- Acquires new software assets through obtaining quotes, submitting requisitions, generating invoices, and coordinating with Procurement on commercial terms and timing.
- Coordinates software contract changes including amendments, renewals, terminations, and closeout.
- Manages the entries of software contracts in the contracting system of record. This may include quotes, sales orders, MSA’s, NDA’s, and any other software related contracts.
- Administers system of record for IT software assets, including maintaining a backlog of new functionality needed to meet evolving business requirements.
- Collaborates with Software Asset Management Team members to ensure all software entitlement purchases, true-ups, maintenance renewals, and new purchases are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensures software license contracts are optimized based on usage and predicted growth.
- Analyzes total cost for software products and communicates with ITS Finance for awareness of current budgetary allowance.
- Manages multiple SaaS tool license assignments, license count, cleanup when employees leave the company.
Sustains IT Finance Operations through activities including:
- Analyzes and reconciles supplier invoices.
- Prepares draft annual expense budget for software procurement and collaborates with IT Finance Manager on capital budget preparation.
- Serves as back up to Software Asset Management Team members when on PTO and mentors lower level roles.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS, or a related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Five to seven years of related professional experience is required.
- CSAM certification is preferred
- Experience managing software licensing contracts and entitlement process.
- Experience managing agreements with large vendors such as Microsoft, IBM, and Salesforce.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and standards (e.g., FASB) for modeling and tracking software expenditures.
- Proven analytical skills required to identify risks and trends.
- Solid project management skills, effectively managing multiple, concurrent small to large projects in a cross functional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to and apply rapidly changing technology to business needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate tactfully and effectively, express technical concepts in business terms, and maintain positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Possesses strong facilitation skills related to meetings and team interaction.
- Possesses proven customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented and has good organizational skills.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.