Job ID: 16222
Location: San Rafael California
Senior Vision Engineer – Hybrid
Averna delivers industry-leading test solutions and services worldwide for communications and electronics device makers, accelerating product development, quality, and innovation. At Averna, no two days are the same. If you are seeking new opportunities in engineering, we invite you to see The Averna Experience:
- Be global@work: Serve international customers and collaborate with colleagues in Canada, Europe, the U.S., Mexico, and Asia.
- Drive innovation@work: Participate in developing market-leading high-tech products in the telecom, transportation, electronics, and medical devices.
- Develop your talent@work: Contribute to thrilling projects that stretch your skills and talent to the maximum.
- Enjoy success@work: Be part of a fast-growing company with award-winning products and a team.
- Share your passion@work: Meet passionate people and enjoy our modern environment and dynamic atmosphere.
As the Senior Vision Engineer, you will be part of the team that designs vision test applications for our turnkey automated test & measurement systems. You will design and perform surface inspections & characterization, 2D & 3D measurement systems, accurate positioning systems, and industrial inspection systems.
Our engineering team develops a range of custom-made in-line and offline test and measurement machines to help customers achieve higher product quality, faster time to market, and greater value from their test system.
As the ideal candidate, you should have:
You must learn quickly, possess a strong attention to detail, be willing to work in an organization committed to high-quality products and customer service and develop strong communication skills to contribute to a project team.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited engineering or science program
- 3+ years of experience in machine vision; vision inspection for production and assembly, (optical) measurement systems, and image processing;
- 5 years in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience vision software (Halcon is highly preferred, Cognex, NI Vision); LabVIEW, C/C# or Python is a plus;
- Familiarity with medical validation protocols (GMP, GAMP, FDA regulation) is a plus;
- Familiarity using deep learning algorithms is a plus;
- Enjoy finding creative solutions to possible problems.
- Strong ownership of responsibilities, and you escalate issues when necessary
- Thrive in organizations that adapt and evolve
- Work independently and jump at the opportunity to work with colleagues on projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and communicate clearly
Your contribution as the Senior Vision Engineer will include:
- Acting as a liaison between the client and departments within Averna to convey requirements, information, ensure understanding, and make projects/programs get executed in an accurate, timely manner;
- Translating customer needs into technical specifications and baseline designs for validation and characterization solutions;
- Designing vision test setups and selecting vision components in function of specifications;
- Designing, realizing, and validating vision algorithms concepts and the required image processing;
- Supporting experimental analysis of component/module capabilities and technological feasibility studies of new projects;
- Maintaining local and global supplier networks on vision components and vision technologies;
- Participating in the proposal cycle, where a concept and architecture are done and estimated, then presented to the customer;
- Utilizing hands-on experience with building vision systems for experimentation and Proof of Concept
- Technical account management with proven expertise in the design of vision systems;
- Using clear, concise, and meaningful communications;
- Identifying, defining, and mitigating issues, dependencies, and risks related to projects;
- Supporting activities and initiatives for continuous improvement;
- Documenting and communicating lessons learned in projects;
- Practicing self-development and promoting learning in others;
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
At Averna, we don’t believe in separating work from life but in making work a part of it. This is why it is so important to enjoy what you do. Being passionate about technology and having fun every day are what make Averna employees the drivers of the company’s success.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $130K to $180K annually, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off along with an additional day off for your birthday
- Flexible schedule
- Hybrid working model
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- A high-tech environment with experienced engineers to learn from
- Opportunities to travel
- Learning and growing through multiple cutting-edge projects and clients
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.