Job ID: 17265
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking on U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Companies to Work for 2024” list, and Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. We take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
We are currently seeking a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team.
This position is responsible for software quality assurance efforts to implement the testing of several types of applications, including web-based, desktop, enterprise, and back-office applications in a dynamic and Agile Development lifecycle environment. Develops and implements quality assurance (QA) test plans and test cases, tools, and infrastructure for all application platforms, and ensures that the developed software functionality meets the requirements.
- Participates as an active and core member of the Scrum team to ensure quality is built in to products and services.
- Participates in sprint planning and collaborates with Product Management team to identify requirements.
- Provides input into design, software development, software integration testing, and release of the final product.
- Assists in scope definition and develops accurate level-of-effort estimates for new, remediation, and refactoring work.
- Develops clear and concise testing strategies with robust and comprehensive test plans to verify product functionality, works on multiple and complex technical projects simultaneously, and works with management on software quality issues effecting product development and launch.
- Provides direction and mentoring to engineers, analysts, product management and business leaders as it relates to the quality of software delivery.
- Develops and documents test plans and cases based on software requirements and technical specifications and appropriately prioritizes testing tasks and test cases.
- Performs black box testing against multiple browsers and platforms including mobile applications.
- Performs white box testing, as needed, including testing of web services and data paths.
- Performs integration testing to ensure end-to-end scenarios meet overall business requirements.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to execute exploratory testing.
- Identifies and communicates risks proactively.
- Supports change control and ensures all processes are compliant.
- Documents accurately and clearly all actual results compared to expected results.
- Identifies, documents, and retests defects.
- Provides metrics and status reporting as necessary.
- Works with the customer support group, as needed, to help perform root cause analysis of issues found in the production environment.
- Configures test environments to ensure broad testing coverage.
- Performs weekly and on-demand software testing cycles during business hours and off-hours to multiple environments and communicates results to management and project stakeholders.
- Participates in automation, load and performance testing projects.
- Provides input to continual improvement and team building activities.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience) is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of software testing experience is required.
- Comfortable in an Agile Development environment that requires the ability to adapt to change and motivate others to achieve excellence in a dynamic environment and will bring exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Experience in a variety of testing types including system and integration, usability, boundary, security, data validation and regression.
- Possesses the aptitude to accept complex assignments, analyze problems, and generate effective solutions.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of quality assurance testing to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment and prioritize workload and deliverables within schedule constraints to deliver results.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms, and maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Has a customer service attitude.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Detail orientation with good organizational skills.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, and Microsoft Test Manager.
Insperity provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. The range of starting pay for this role is $97,100 – $105,800.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.