Job ID: 16219
Location: San Rafael California
Senior Electrical Test Engineer – Hybrid
Averna delivers industry-leading test solutions and services worldwide for communications and electronics device makers, accelerating product development, quality, and innovation. At Averna, no two days are the same. If you are seeking new opportunities in engineering, we invite you to see The Averna Experience:
- Be global@work: Serve international customers and collaborate with colleagues in Canada, Europe, the U.S., Mexico, and Asia.
- Drive innovation@work: Participate in developing market-leading high-tech products in the telecom, transportation, electronics, and medical devices.
- Develop your talent@work: Contribute to thrilling projects that stretch your skills and talent to the maximum.
- Enjoy success@work: Be part of a fast-growing company with award-winning products and a team.
- Share your passion@work: Meet passionate people and enjoy our modern environment and dynamic atmosphere.
As the Senior Electrical Test Engineer, you will be a vital member of the Engineering team by leading the development and integration of automated test systems for manufacturing and design validation systems of complex electronics products.
As the ideal candidate, you should have:
- Degree: University degree in electrical engineering
- Experienced: Minimum of 8 years of experience in electrical engineering;
- Skills: Experience with schematic capture using tools such as PADS, experience with system wiring diagrams using tools such as SolidWorks Electrical (in an electrical context).
- Assets: Design and assembly of test fixture; Design and assembly of test benches; Knowledge of the manufacturing environment and industrial automation;
- Multilingual: Good communication in English (written and spoken). Knowledge of French and Spanish is a plus.
Your contribution as the Senior Electrical Test Engineer will include:
- You will be a key member of the team responsible for the overall system architecture and the electrical subsystems in particular;
- You will lead the electrical/electronic designs, including PCBA, electrical cables, test fixtures, and electrical cabinets;
- You will be involved in the design of complex test fixtures and systems combining modern mechanical and electrical CAD technology;
- You will participate in the drafting of the detailed testing plan;
- You will perform an analysis of functional test coverage;
- You will be responsible for the development of custom data acquisition systems to help our customers obtain accurate measurements and results;
- You will perform measurement systems analysis (gauge R&R) to confirm the performance of the equipment
- You will support the assembly of the test systems;
- You will lead bring up of the system electrical systems with the mechanical fixturing as well as the integration of the software
So, are you ready for a challenge, work in a multi-disciplinary team and have an immediate impact on our projects? Well, this role is for you.
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
At Averna, we don’t believe in separating work from life but in making work a part of it. This is why it is so important to enjoy what you do. Being passionate about technology and having fun every day are what make Averna employees the drivers of the company’s success.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $140K to $180K annually, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off along with an additional day off for your birthday
- Flexible schedule
- Hybrid working model
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- A high-tech environment with experienced engineers to learn from
- Opportunities to travel
- Learning and growing through multiple cutting-edge projects and clients
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.