Job ID: 16886
Location: Carson California
Are you passionate about numbers, finance, and ensuring the smooth financial operations of a thriving organization? Do you possess an eye for detail and an unwavering commitment to accuracy? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Lonseal Flooring is a leading provider of vinyl surfacing for healthcare, educational, recreational, fitness, corporate, retail, and hospitality markets throughout the United States and globally. First established in 1972, we have continually pushed the surfacing industry in exciting, new directions through technological, visual, and textured innovations.
As our Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for timely and accurate payment of vendor invoices, employee expenses, and contractor commissions. You will also maintain correct records and control reports, essential accounting functions.
To Be Successful, You Should Have:
Our ideal candidate will be organized, punctual, dependable, and highly detail-oriented in addition to the following experience, skills, abilities, and attributes:
- Ability to enter data at 45 WPM (10-key by touch also strongly desirable)
- 3 years’ experience in accounts
- Ability to be punctual and dependable
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively; both written and verbally
- Solid attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to organize workload for maximum effectiveness
- Intermediate computer skills, familiar with everyday tasks within MS Office Suite
- Ability to be an influential team member
- Understands and follows all company policies and procedures and all applicable State and Federal laws
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience with accounting software, including Sage 100, etc.
Your Responsibilities as the Staff Accountant Will Include:
- Analyze accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Work with the controller on appropriate fiscal strategies for the organization.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Distribute expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions before settlement.
- Determine proper handling of financial transactions and approve transactions within designated limits.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Conduct studies and submit recommendations for improving the organization’s accounting operation.
- Collect appropriate data and prepare federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
We Offer You:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $60k -$65k depending on experience and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan with employer matching
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off and holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Flexible schedule and remote work/telecommuting options
- Workplace perks
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.