Job ID: 16754
Location: Flower Mound Texas
Are you ready to take your accounting career to the next level? Do you have a passion for numbers, a keen eye for detail, and a desire to make a real impact in a dynamic organization? If so, we want you on our client’s team!
Our client is a fourth-generation family business that owns and operates a portfolio of companies within the industrial sector. Their strong ethical views and professionalism are evident in the way they do business. With established working relationships spanning over 100 years, their partners trust them to provide the highest quality products and services at the forefront of their industries as well as a fair approach to business. To continue the growth of their group, they are seeking a Staff Accountant to join their Flower Mound, TX team.
To thrive as the Staff Account, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance or related field required.
- 1- 5 years of accounting, AR, and AP experience.
- Experience with ERP and NetSuite preferred.
- Attention to detail and time management.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports.
You’ll play a crucial role by utilizing your initiative and organizational skills to keep our client running at top performance, and your enthusiasm and ideas will shape the environment in which the team works.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Basic office functions, including answering the phones, making phone calls, filing, and keeping spreadsheets updated.
- Collect information via emails and phone to get necessary documents/information.
- Prepare, post, verify, and record customer payments.
- Submit invoices to customers via email and online portals.
- Email customers for collection on past dues invoices and resolve any issues that arise.
- Communicate and reconcile account statements with vendors & customers.
- Set up customers/vendors in NetSuite and check customer’s credits.
- Maintains and updates vendor & customer files updating W9
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Collect and match up credit card receipts and follow up with cardholders.
- Review all AP, code AP, and submit AP for review and approval before entering NetSuite.
- Communicate with the purchasing department to solve any issues.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, i.e., weekly cycle count & year-end inventory.
As you might expect, our client values every member of their team. That’s why they offer a competitive annual salary, and an extensive benefits package, including:
- Yearly bonus (depends on performance)
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability (Long Term and Short Term) insurance for added protection
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off and holidays
- Educational assistance program
- Adoption assistance program
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.