Job ID: 17204
Location: Duluth Georgia
Are you ready to take your accounting career to the next level? Do you have a passion for numbers, a keen eye for detail, and a desire to make a real impact in a dynamic organization? If so, we want you on our client’s team!
Our client empowers believers to freely share their faith within their circles of influence. The world is ready for a new legacy of Christian leaders – leaders who bring the hope of a transformed world and a brighter future based on Biblical values and a relationship with God.
In a world that appears so divisive, our client offers evangelistic solutions that first add value to a lost world and ultimately deliver hope that comes with faith in Jesus.
As a Staff Accountant, you will support the desired outcomes for the organization and a not-for-profit foundation, by working closely with the Finance Director, Executive Director and Operations Director in the production, maintenance and analysis of the entities’ budgets and financial statements and other reports.
To thrive, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance or related field
- 2+ years of experience in an accounting role with a focus on data analysis and report development
- Experience in not-for-profit accounting preferred
- Advanced accounting and bookkeeping software experience
- Experience with financial statements and tax returns
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite of products, including Excel, Outlook, Teams, and OneDrive
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Excel, PowerPoint and related applications to analyze data and develop reports for leadership team
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable meeting tight deadlines
- Consent to a criminal background and personal credit check
Your responsibilities as the Staff Account will include:
- Prepare timely, accurate financial statements
- Ensure accuracy of the general ledger, including research of discrepancies
- Develop and produce weekly and monthly reports for department directors
- Monitor variance from budget and report to management
- Ensure Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled monthly
- Work with outside accountant/auditor to ensure all audit requests are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Assist staff in other financial areas as directed by Executive Director and Finance Director
- Establish and maintain accounts receivable process between entities
- Prepare regular invoices and review monthly statements to ensure accurate allocation of expenses
- Record daily deposits to ensure timely and accurate balance reporting
- Ensure deposits are reconciled with the donor system
- Ensure deposits are reconciled with the books and accurately recorded and classed
- Monitor cash accounts
- Complete bank reconciliations
As you might expect, our client values every member of their team. That’s why they offer a competitive annual salary of $65-$75k depending on experience and an extensive benefits package, including:
- Yearly bonus (depends on performance)
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability (Long Term and Short Term) insurance for added protection
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off and holidays
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.