Job ID: 16220
Location: San Rafael California
Averna delivers industry-leading test solutions and services worldwide for communications and electronics device makers, accelerating product development, quality, and innovation. At Averna, no two days are the same. If you are seeking new opportunities in engineering, we invite you to see The Averna Experience:
- Be global@work: Serve international customers and collaborate with colleagues in Canada, Europe, the U.S., Mexico, and Asia.
- Drive innovation@work: Participate in developing market-leading high-tech products in the telecom, transportation, electronics, and medical devices.
- Develop your talent@work: Contribute to thrilling projects that stretch your skills and talent to the maximum.
- Enjoy success@work: Be part of a fast-growing company with award-winning products and a team.
- Share your passion@work: Meet passionate people and enjoy our modern environment and dynamic atmosphere.
As the Systems Engineer, you will be part of the Engineering team. You will lead the development and integration of automated test systems for manufacturing and design validation systems of complex electronics products.
As an ideal candidate, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related field;
- 5 to 8 years of experience in Software or Hardware design and experience in Test System Architecture
- Experience in the manufacturing industry;
- Hands-on experience and skills in electronic circuits, system design, building prototypes, boards bring-up, debugging, and using tools – oscilloscope, logic analyzer, and in-circuit emulator, etc.;
- Experience in machine vision, robotics, and PLC programming is an asset;
- Knowledge: Proficiency in software development with LabVIEW and/or TestStand required; (CLA, CLD Desired)
- Object-oriented programming architecture and a good understanding of design principles are desired.
- Python and/or C# is an asset;
- Knowledgeable in standard instrumentation used in the testing industry (DMM, Switch, IO, Oscilloscope, PXI Platform, etc.);
- Skills: Meticulousness combined with excellent organizational skills to achieve quality, cost, and delivery objectives;
- Multilingual: Good communication in English (written and spoken). Knowledge of French and Spanish is a plus.
- Mobility: Willingness to travel in 2-to-4-week periods or longer when required by our customers.
Your contribution as the System Engineer will include:
- Functionally lead a team composed of Software Developers, Electrical Designers, PCB Designers, Mechanical Designers, and subject matter experts;
- Act as a liaison between the customer and departments within Averna to convey requirements, information, ensure understanding, and ensure projects/programs get executed in an accurate, timely manner;
- Team up with the Project Manager and act as a Technical Leader in the management of the customer, technical scope, budget, schedule, task definition, procurement, risk assessment, and system-specific technical details;
- Act as the Technical System representative for the customer;
- Define the architecture of test systems, clearly indicating how the system will ensure proper operation of the various functional requirements and prepare any required documentation (Test Requirement Specifications, System Architecture Documents, System Test Procedures, Bill of Materials, etc.);
- Define the appropriate test strategy for a unit to test and prepare detailed test requirements;
- Prepare system specifications, ranging from functional to non-functional, based on the specification charts provided by customers;
- Define internal and external interfaces of the system and the nature of the data exchanged;
- Participate in design reviews with development teams;
- Highly motivated team player that can coordinate system procurement and development tasks, including design, integration, validation, and implementation of customer requirements with geographically distributed cross-functional teams;
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
At Averna, we don’t believe in separating work from life but in making work a part of it. This is why it is so important to enjoy what you do. Being passionate about technology and having fun every day are what make Averna employees the drivers of the company’s success.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $140K to $180K annually, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off along with an additional day off for your birthday
- Flexible schedule
- Hybrid working model
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- A high-tech environment with experienced engineers to learn from
- Opportunities to travel
- Learning and growing through multiple cutting-edge projects and clients
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.