Job ID: 17139
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking on U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Companies to Work for 2024” list, and Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. We take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Tax Compliance Specialist l
We are currently seeking a Tax Compliance Specialist l to join our team. This position is responsible for preparing and auditing customer tax deposits and filings, implementing processes and procedures for creating efficiencies in the tax filing process and assisting with mapping new tax codes to automated tax filing solution. This role provides reports and resolves issues for Finance. In addition to resolving any tax notices received. The Tax Compliance Specialist I requires payroll and tax knowledge to ensure tax filings are compliant with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Prepares tax returns for all entities required per client.
- Adheres to processing guidelines and processes, ensuring timely tax deposits and filings.
- Achieves goals that support premium product and limits exposure of Insperity for inaccurate or late tax deposits and filings.
- Reviews tax updates from third party vendor and ensures proper mapping exists for automated tax solution.
- Partners with Insperity tax compliance and Payroll COE and shares updates on payroll and payroll tax related statutory issues, legislation and industry trends and shares with internal teams.
- Provides feedback on processes for quarter and year-end reporting to ensure timely and accurate filings with all federal, state and local employment and unemployment tax regulations.
- Assists as needed on tax jurisdiction research and customer/Insperity registrations to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Takes ownership of the new hire reporting process ensuring timely filings with all states.
- Assists with resolving discrepancies relating to payroll tax payments and unemployment tax payments with governmental agencies and oversees periodic audits by state local taxing authorities.
- Provides customer service support for payroll and sales personnel regarding unusual and technical payroll and related payroll tax issues.
- Acts as back-up, during peak periods, for on-boarding new customers, direct support of customers and processing payrolls.
- Takes the lead on issuance of annual W-2’s and 1099’s to all customer employees and the appropriate annual filings.
- Processes and audits customer tax payments via Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS), check request and processing ACH credits via Insperity’s host bank.
- Processes and reviews tax filing reports monthly as a preparation for processing quarter-end.
- Assists in the accomplishment of Insperity Company goals.
- Helps other employees to accomplish Insperity Company goals.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by department supervisor.
- Participates in the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting or equivalent experience is required.
- One to two years of experience in tax compliance and processing a in a multi-customer operation is required.
- Basic knowledge of software required for tax depositing and filing.
- Knowledgeable in payroll and payroll taxing regulations (i.e., tax depositing, filing of quarterly and annual returns, maintenance of tax tables and jurisdiction information).
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a commitment to roll up their sleeves and create a “Premium” experience for customers.
- Principles, practices, and methods of payroll tax laws applicable to the various federal, state and local taxing authorities; methods and techniques used in researching various state and local payroll tax laws; and the regulatory requirements of various state and local payroll tax laws.
- Planning, organizing and completing assigned work in a timely manner; uses decision-making skills regarding policy decisions; and working independently from general instructions.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Customer service experience in a team environment.
- Identifies and engages service solutions within and outside payroll department.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects; acts as core business unit expert for key company initiatives; facilitate and coordinate testing and information gathering sessions for valuable feedback; mentors and guides direct reports to participate as needed for professional development.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.