Job ID: 16993
Location: Nationwide California
Technical Project Managers – Remote
Averna delivers industry-leading test solutions and services worldwide for communications and electronics device makers, accelerating product development, quality, and innovation. At Averna, no two days are the same. If you are seeking new opportunities in engineering, we invite you to see The Averna Experience:
- Be global@work: Serve international customers and collaborate with colleagues in Canada, Europe, the U.S., Mexico, and Asia.
- Drive innovation@work: Participate in developing market-leading high-tech products in the telecom, transportation, electronics, and medical devices.
- Develop your talent@work: Contribute to thrilling projects that stretch your skills and talent to the maximum.
- Enjoy success@work: Be part of a fast-growing company with award-winning products and a team.
- Share your passion@work: Meet passionate people and enjoy our modern environment and dynamic atmosphere.
We are actively seeking 2 talented Technical Project Managers to be the lead subject matter experts for our customer’s manufacturing test development projects, including test software, test hardware, and SW/HW integration. One will support network & optics test projects, and the other will support structural-level test projects. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to network with multiple customer teams, suppliers, engineers, and a dream team of experts to maximize support.
As the ideal candidate, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Industrial Design, or a manufacturing related field
- Solid project management skills
- Experience with test/manufacturing engineering
- 5+ years of experience in NPI and manufacturing
- 5+ years of experience in project management in high-visibility, strategic areas with solid written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing suppliers and partners in implementing test requirements
- ICT and boundary scan test development/automation experience preferred
- Experience in fixture development and/or working knowledge in partnership with fixture suppliers preferred
- Experience partnering with software developers or working with home-grown software
- Experience with Agile project management
- Understanding of software architecture engineering and development;
- Knowledge in Python and/or C# is an asset
- Knowledge in the integration of test platforms and industrial automation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team with engineers from hardware, system, and software disciplines
- Strong ownership of responsibilities and skilled at escalating issues when necessary
- High fluency in English, written and spoken
- Might have to travel up to 20% of the time, or when required by our customer
- Flexible schedule and location – able support the customer’s working hours located in Pacific time zone
Your contribution as the Technical Project Manager will include:
- Coordinate board functional and system-level test development activities and dependencies across internal teams and external partners [Network & Optics Test Projects]
- Coordinate structural level test development and deployment activities and dependencies across internal teams and external partners [Structural Level Test Projects]
- Manage procurement, schedule, logistics, and risk management for manufacturing test solutions and maintain alignment with NPI program schedules
- Program manage test development projects and initiatives through planning, development, and deployment to support NPI and volume manufacturing
- Drive communication with internal stakeholders, vendors, and CM/JDM partners for status via reviews and dashboards
- Maintain and co-author technical documentation used for test plans, test processes, and initiatives, including creating presentations, dashboards, and requirements documents
- Support sales areas as Technical Project Manager to push for complex projects and create confidence with the customer to work with Averna. This includes the creation of information to our department showing our capabilities as an engineering team, including industry trends, standards, and typical industry challenges to test their products.
- Evaluates technological choices (network/hardware related and technology/code related) by querying providers and understanding enough about implications to make choices for the organization that have an appropriate balance between cost /benefit today and future implications and limitations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, and subject matter experts
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
- Creates a method of change management, including ownership of documentation, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to encourage, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
At Averna, we don’t believe in separating work from life but in making work a part of it. This is why it is so important to enjoy what you do. Being passionate about technology and having fun every day are what make Averna employees the drivers of the company’s success.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by competitive compensation of $120k – $150k annually, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan with employer matching
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Paid time off and holidays along with an additional day off for your birthday
- Flexible schedule
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- A high-tech environment with experienced engineers to learn from
- Opportunities to travel
- Learning and growing through multiple cutting-edge projects and clients
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law