Job ID: 17689
Location: Jackson Mississippi 39213
Universal Banker Associate – Livingston
Ready to reinvent banking? At Liberty Bank and Trust, we’re doing just that and a whole lot more. We’re moving toward the bank of the future! If you are a consummate professional, enjoy technology, and can provide an exceptional client experience, we want to hear from you! Our bank looks fresh, clean, and unlike any bank out there, which is the whole idea.
Clients visiting one of our locations will encounter an open, technically advanced environment. Best of all, they interact with someone like you. As a Universal Banker Associate (UBA), you will provide first-line, quality customer service through face-to-face performance of primary bank transactions. This position will also utilize communication opportunities to offer additional bank services and products.
As the UBA, you will also work within the team to generate new consumer, mortgage, and commercial leads. Additionally, you will be required to contribute to the overall branch goals in generating leads for the Insurance Agency.
Your Duties and Responsibilities as the Universal Banker Associate will include
- Contribute to achieving the branch’s overall goals to generate new consumer, mortgage, commercial loan, and Insurance Agency leads.
- Greet customers in the lobby, drive-thru, and/or on the phone.
- Open new deposit accounts.
- Process deposits, withdrawals, cash checks, and other teller transactions.
- Ensure the security of assigned cash drawer and balances daily with data displayed on the computer screen.
- Process deposits from ATM and night depository.
- Identify and initiate sales opportunities.
- Process and proof daily transactions through the back counter; ensure proper holds are placed on checks according to regular CC guidelines.
- Assist any and all retail-related positions as needed/assigned.
- Adhere to branch security procedures.
What does it take to become a Teller / Universal Banker Associate?
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and at least 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a personal banker/customer service representative-type role is strongly preferred.
- Amazing customer service skills – you need to know more because you need to offer more
- Ability to successfully complete our Universal Banker Associate orientation and training
- Ability to explain and sell our bank products and services
- Basic math/accounting skills – we are a bank
- Proven cash handling, customer service, front-line hospitality, or sales experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel within the region of the assigned home branch as needed
As you might expect, we value every member of our team. That’s why we offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package, including:
- Paid vacation and holidays, personal and sick days
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K and match
- EAP/Health and Welfare Assistance
- Training and Development
- Online Marketplace* discounts on a variety of goods and services
- Leadership Development
- ERG/ Ambassador Group
- Free and reduced-rate bank services
We do our best to make sure Liberty Bank and Trust is an incredible place not just to work but to build a career. We want you to learn, grow, and share in the success you help create. Within the company, there is also a future opportunity for growth.
Ready to reinvent banking? We’re ready to talk about what’s next, and if you are too, please apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.