Job ID: 16625
Location: New Orleans Louisiana
Vice President and Bank Controller
America’s first billion-dollar black-owned bank, Liberty Bank and Trust is a part of history, and we don’t take that success or the privilege to serve our customers lightly. Liberty and our legacy institutions, with branches in 11 states, have stood steadfastly with underserved and often-forgotten communities for over 100 years.
We are growing and building our team with people who want to expand their horizons and surround themselves with inclusive, mission-driven peers looking to impact communities and families positively.
Our mission is to carry on the important work of generations of black-owned bank operators by preserving and providing access to affordable financial products and services to traditionally underserved markets. Liberty has been a lifeline for many who have pursued dreams of homeownership, growing businesses, providing for college, or even starting lifelong careers.
We strive to be as resilient as the people we serve. Whether it’s a community, a burgeoning business, or untapped talent, we believe in the possibility of financial freedom.
As the Bank Controller, you will be responsible for the accounting operations of the bank, including the preparation of financial reports for the holding company and subsidiaries in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), maintenance of a comprehensive set of control documentation designed to mitigate risk and comply with internal control reporting under FDIC Part 363, coordinating with auditors, and supporting financial projects.
At Liberty Bank and Trust, you’ll find freedom here – for our customers and you.
To be successful, you should have:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar subject matter.
· Four years of relevant work experience, including public accounting experience.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
· Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
· Strong knowledge of internal controls and experience with FDICIA/ SOX requirements.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Analytical mindset and attention to detail.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to work in a changing environment.
· Experience managing staff, including development and managing staff workload.
· Banking experience and financial institution regulatory reporting requirements are preferred but not required.
Your responsibilities as the Vice President and Bank Controller will include:
· Responsible for overseeing all bank reconciliation activities, ensuring accurate and timely review of all balance sheet accounts.
· Responsible for the daily maintenance of accounting records and reviewing entries to ensure accurate and complete posting to the general ledger.
· Manage routine accounting functions involving the general ledger.
· Manage accounts payable, fixed assets, and prepaid subledgers.
· Oversee the daily activities of the accounting staff.
· Recommend and assist in implementing a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
· Works with internal and external auditors and provides needed information for the annual financial statement audit.
· Assists in providing financial information and documentation for regulators and other external third parties.
· Assist with the preparation of annual GAAP financial statement reports.
· Provide financial analysis as needed.
· Participate in bank committees as deemed necessary.
· Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
As you might expect, we value every member of our team. That’s why we offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package, including:
- Paid vacation and holidays, personal and sick days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Adoption Assistance
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K and match
- EAP/Health and Welfare Assistance
- Training and Development
- Online Marketplace* discounts on a variety of goods and services
- Leadership Development
- ERG/ Ambassador Group
- Free and reduced-rate bank services
We do our best to make sure Liberty Bank and Trust is an incredible place not just to work but to build a career. We want you to learn, grow and share in the success you help create. Within the company, there is also a future opportunity for growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.