Job ID: 17250
Location: Detroit Michigan
Vice President Commercial Lender: (Midwest – Detroit preferred)
Are you ready to elevate your career to new heights? Our client seeks a dynamic and experienced professional to join the team as Vice President of Commercial Lending. If you are passionate about driving financial success, building lasting client relationships, and leading a high-performing team, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
As a regional banking institution, our client is growing and building a team commercial lending team with people who want to both expand their horizons and surround themselves with inclusive, mission-driven peers looking to impact communities and families positively.
Our client strives to be as resilient as the people they serve. Whether it’s a community, a burgeoning business, or untapped talent, our client believes in the possibility of financial freedom.
As the Vice President Commercial Lender, you must have a proven track record of consistent, high-dollar commercial loan production and middle-market experience. To be successful in this role, you need to be an assertive self-starter with solid sales and business development experience who will prospect for new relationships using local networks and personal connections.
To thrive, you should have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial lending business development, underwriting, structuring, covenanting, risk-rating, and pricing simple and complex commercial loan transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business, professional, technical, or government documents.
- Ability to write reports, loan memorandum, and business correspondence.
- Experience presenting loan presentations to loan committees.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with working knowledge of Excel.
Your responsibilities as the Vice President Commercial Lender will include:
- Aggressively solicit and generate new commercial loan business while expanding existing commercial customer relationships.
- Develop relationships with various community and professional organizations as a new commercial loan activity source.
- Manage a commercial lending portfolio with moderate oversight support from management.
- PTO and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Adoption Assistance
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K and match
- EAP/Health and Welfare Assistance
- Training and Development
- Online discounts on a variety of goods and services
- Leadership Development
- Free and reduced-rate bank services
We do our best to ensure our banking institution is an incredible place to work and build a career. We want you to learn, grow, and share in the success you help create.
We want to hear from you if you are ready to take the next step in your career and make a significant impact!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.