Job ID: 16782
Location: Newark New Jersey 07101
Warehouse Operations Supervisor – EWR
$55K Annually – Employer Paid Health Insurance – Bonus
Bradford Airport Logistics (BAL) offers a tremendous career opportunity in a high-growth environment that brings together technology and services within the exciting aviation industry. Check us out at: www.airportlogistics.org
Bradford Airport Logistics is seeking a Warehouse Operations Supervisor (OS) to provide team member supervision, decision-making, and excellent customer service at our offsite warehouse that serves Newark Liberty International Airport. The successful candidate will manage operations at our receiving and redistribution dock and supplier and customer relationships. A strong work ethic, initiative, and drive to build and maintain a world-class team are a must. For qualified candidates, we offer significant opportunities for career growth that may include promotion and relocation opportunities.
Airport Operations Supervisor Required Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in employee and team management, either in a management position or as a team leader.
- Logistics/airline/airport/warehouse or related industry experience preferred.
- High integrity and trustworthiness.
- Associate degree or directly related experience may be considered to offset the two years of education.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Accurate and detail-oriented.
- Experience executing action plans to hit short and long-term targets.
- Demonstrated team-building skills, including employee development, coaching, and performance improvement.
- Word processing, e-mail, database, and Internet software.
- Ability to supervise employee teams in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Ability to occasionally and repetitively lift to 75 pounds.
- Ability to pass a TSA-mandated security background check for airport badging.
- Ability to maintain a valid drivers license.
- Ability to relocate for career opportunities if desired.
What’s in it for you?
Bradford Airport Logistics has an excellent, competitive annual compensation plan available. The benefit package includes:
- Employer-paid health insurance
- Annual bonus
- Paid holidays
- 401K Company match
- Professional Development Program
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- On-site free parking
Airport Operations Supervisor Duties Include:
- Train and ensure employees comply with all procedures and regulations for BAL, the airport, TSA, customers, and other stakeholders
- Ensure the operations team is professional, motivated, and customer-focused in accordance with BAL’s Core Values and Mission, Vision, and Purpose Statements
- Provide hands-on leadership in an active, physically demanding environment
- Interact with suppliers, vendors, and other airport stakeholders to maximize operational performance and efficiency
- Ensure process and quality control standards
- Direct the resolution of operational and maintenance issues to prevent operational delays and minimize expenses
- Open and/or close the operation daily
- Ensure execution of daily distribution center objectives
- Create and maintain accurate schedules
- Administer the Company’s policies and procedures consistently and fairly
- Provide suggestions to improve the performance, safety, and efficiency of the operation
- Ensure all established delivery commitments, labor targets, and quality assurance standards are met
- Perform administrative activities to manage operations effectively
- All other duties as assigned
If you are looking to grow with an innovative, core values-based company, please apply today!
*All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen, airport background check, and clean driving record review.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.