Job ID: 17241
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking on U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Companies to Work for 2024” list, and Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. We take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Workers Compensation Claims Specialist
We are currently seeking a Workers Compensation Claims Specialist to join our team.
Assists in the resolution of claim issues/problems. Answers technical workers’ compensation claim questions for other Insperity departments. Coordinates RTW efforts between client, TPA, and MCO. Educates client on RTW program benefits and encourages participation. Participates in RTW team meetings. Maintains client bank of transitional job descriptions. Establishes client companies’ protocol with preferred providers. Notifies Risk Management and Safety of trends involving lag time, frequency, severity, hazardous work conditions, and employee misclassification.
- Meets State-specific Employer requirements such as providing State supplemental reports, bona fide job duty letters, and wage information to the TPA.
- Assists in the resolution of claim issues/problems.
- Answers technical workers’ compensation claim questions for other Insperity departments.
- Coordinates RTW efforts between client, TPA, and MCO; educates client on RTW program benefits and encourages participation; participates in RTW team meetings; maintains client bank of transitional job descriptions; and establishes client company protocols with preferred providers.
- Notifies Risk Management and Safety of trends involving lag time, frequency, severity, hazardous work conditions, and employee misclassification.
- Confers with the applicable ASF HR Specialist on an employee’s qualifications to perform the essential functions of a transitional job, bona fide job offers, and personnel actions.
- Monitors indemnity claims for appropriate plan of action, resolution, and pursuit of subrogation recovery, and enters well-documented evidence in Insperity notes.
- Assists other members of the WC department as necessary.
- Assists in training as necessary.
- Assists in the accomplishment of Insperity Company goals.
- Helps other employees to accomplish Insperity Company goals.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by department supervisor.
- Participates in the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
- High School Diploma is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in a related field is required.
- Texas Adjuster License preferred.
- General knowledge of insurance industry relative to claim management.
- Able to make decisions, work accurately and efficiently under narrow time limitations, and deal constructively with conflict.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment; familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures, equipment, filing systems; proficient in business letter writing; and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Performs light work; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.