Human Resource Specialist
Human Resource Specialist
Walnut Creek CA US 94597
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Human Resource Specialist
We are currently seeking a Human Resource Specialist to join our team.
This position is responsible for aligning resources and services to deliver customized Insperity Human Resource (HR) service solutions that result in improved performance management and positively impacts our clients’ business. Collaborates with client management and key decision makers to build meaningful relationships and provide guidance as a trusted HR Business Partner. Demonstrates depth and breadth of service and level of care expected with internal and external customers.
- Manages a book of business by consistently contributing to clients’ overall success and growth while maintaining high customer satisfaction and retention.
- Advises client management and key decision makers utilizing in-depth knowledge of employee relations, legislation interpretation and application, benefits, wage and hour, employee performance management and development.
- Collaborates with client management and key decision makers on alignment of HR business strategy and goals.
- Consults with client management and key decision makers on HR-related issues, suggests new HR strategies, and provides HR guidance when appropriate.
- Evaluates and anticipates HR-related needs and strategizes with client management and key decision makers on HR-related needs.
- Analyzes trends by leveraging internal partners and resources to develop solutions, programs, and policies to ensure compliance and mitigate risk.
- Cultivates relationships across internal and client partners to deliver value-added service and solutions to client management and key decision makers.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees to reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance; engages with internal support teams including DE&I, FLSA, background screening, benefits, and COEs.
- Delivers performance management guidance to client management and key decision makers, including conflict resolution, coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions.
- Collaborates with client management and key decision makers to improve work relationships, build morale, and enhance teamwork to advance employee retention.
- Delivers HR policy guidance, interpretation, and best practice recommendations.
- Provides guidance and input on organizational structure and strategizes with client management and key decision makers on workforce and succession planning.
- Participates in evaluation and identification of training needs for client management and key decision makers to ensure training objectives are met.
- Proactively engages with client management and key decision makers to continually understand evolving organizational strategy and goals.
- Ensures all client and client-related interactions are properly and timely documented in the appropriate client management systems and databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Two to five years of related Human Resources experience is required.
Professional or Senior Professional in Human Resources (PHR, SPHR) and/or SHRM Certified Professional or Senior Professional (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SPC) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Human Resources best practices with emphasis on employee relations as well as related federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Strong customer service experience in a team environment.
- Strong business acumen.
- Adaptive, resilient, and able to negotiate, and influence behavior toward positive outcomes.
- Strong time management, detail-orientation, and organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize.
- Project management skills and experience managing multiple projects.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of an organization and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment. Able to communicate to a wide audience and translate complex human resources issues and concepts into understandable terms.
- Effective problem solving/decision making skills.
- Proficient in the design and delivery of formal and informal presentations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated ability to learn other applications as needed.
If yes, up to 15% of time
What percent of time is this position required to drive a vehicle (other than Company issued) for business purposes? 15%
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Share This Job