Job ID: 16817
Location: Nationwide North Carolina
Accountant / Bookkeeper
Are you ready to take your career in accounting to the next level? Do you have a passion for numbers and a knack for meticulous financial management? If so, we want YOU to be a part of our client’s dynamic and forward-thinking team!
Join the movement to make email better! Our client is a self-funded, global B Corp dedicated to upgrading the entire world’s email by making their platform accessible. Their platform facilitates users in deploying the product, visualizing email delivery data, and long-term domain management. They help domain owners, large and small, fight business email compromise, phishing, and spoofing with superior tooling, educational resources, and expert support.
Being entirely self-funded allows them to prioritize people over shareholders. They believe in the potential of everyone and strive to speak to that in all aspects of their company. At their heart, they are a sociocracy, and their unique structure allows them to radically innovate while ensuring all voices are heard.
As the Accountant / Bookkeeper, you will lead all our day-to-day financial tasks for our client’s High Tech SaaS company and coordinate similar functions for their other 3 global subsidiaries. You will be responsible for accounts payable and receivable and coordinating payroll, bank account management, and reconciliation tasks for each global entity.
You will also serve as an advocate for the company’s customers. In this capacity, you will field questions from potential and current customers and internal teammates to resolve billing issues with brevity and timeliness.
Our client believes that everyone can help build better processes. You will participate in their internal product development framework, representing the customer’s point of view and Billing and Finance’s interests and involvement to ensure ideas and concerns are captured, resolved, and improved.
To Succeed, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Knowledge of online commerce laws and regulations, like Lexus Nexus.
- Knowledge of Xero software.
- 2+ years of accounting and bookkeeping experience, preferably within a High Tech SaaS environment.
- Ability to prepare, review, and understand a financial statement.
- Previous invoicing, report generation, or financial background.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of ethics, including familiarity with PII ethics through GDPR and/or HIPAA.
- Capability to work comfortably within multiple computer programs including, but not limited to, Help Scout, Xero, Pipedrive, Chargebee, Panda Docs, Google Suite, 3rd party invoicing sites, Slack, etc.
Your responsibilities as the Accountant / Bookkeeper will include:
- Manage multiple tasks from various departments and customers, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Review purchase orders, maintain CRM data, and quality-check automated invoices.
- Establish and manage client payment portals by completing vendor forms.
- Prioritize and oversee the Billing queue professionally.
- Communicate billing concerns to leadership for process improvement.
- Handle billing-related inquiries and contribute to workflow enhancements.
- Record financial transactions, reconcile accounts, and prepare financial reports while adhering to regulations.
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their competitive compensation of $79k to $90k annually, depending on experience and extensive benefits package, enhances their commitment to your success. Our client’s benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off, flexible schedule, and remote work choices provided
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.