Job ID: 17284
Location: Houston Texas 77056
Are you a number-crunching maestro with a passion for precision? Do you thrive in an environment where your skills are valued and celebrated? If so, we want you on our client’s team!
Our client is a global organization supplying and distributing oil products and petrochemicals. Founded in 2002 and based on 30 years of experience, they have grown to become a significant player with global reach and a trusted partner in safely, securely, and cost-effectively moving energy. In close cooperation with several refineries and manufacturers of petrochemicals, they are the marketing and supply source of many companies worldwide. With an experienced management team and its solid capital basis, tight risk management, and business approach, they have earned the respect and support of its partners.
Our client’s greatest asset is their people. They credit their success and rapid but balanced growth to their innovative colleagues. Our client encourages innovation and entrepreneurship across the organization, focusing on delivering results efficiently and safely. They are also committed to building a diverse culture by having a team from different parts of the world. Our client always seeks experienced and motivated candidates to join their team!
As the Accountant, you will assist with day-to-day tasks related directly to accounting, meaning precision is essential. You should know basic bookkeeping procedures, be familiar with finance regulations, US GAAP, and US tax regulations, have good math skills, and can spot numerical errors. Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, ZOHO), organization skills, and handling sensitive, confidential information are required. A background in internal audit and proficiency in financial analysis skills would be beneficial.
To be successful, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Database software, and Contact Management systems.
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software like QuickBooks, ZOHO, etc.
What you can expect to do as the Accountant:
- Manage the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities
- Create and Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
- Create and update expense reports
- Process reimbursement forms
- Review and reconcile bank transactions
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases (QuickBooks, ZOHO)
- Check spreadsheet reports for accuracy
- Maintain digital and physical financial records
- Issue purchase orders and invoices to external partners
- Review and file payroll documents
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
- Assisting with financial reports or statements
- Assist in creating budgets, forecasts, and financial reporting for internal and external parties
- Active review of Tax filing dates, procedures, and documents
- Assist with Treasury Operations and Insurance partner requirements
- Assist in financial modeling for business expansion
- Align all department processes with proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Reconcile Inventory and Partner reports
- Supporting the other department for day to day accounting requirements
- Managing internal and external audits
- Knowledge of Transfer Pricing and applications for International business transactions
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their competitive annual compensation and extensive benefits package enhance their commitment to your success. Our client’s benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off, flexible schedule, and remote work choices provided
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
If you’re ready to take your accounting career to the next level and be a part of a company that values your skills, please apply!
Our client views diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence as vital principles in all their work with clients and communities. They welcome and encourage applications from visible minority group members, indigenous persons, members of the LGBTQ community, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to the organization’s diversity and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.