Job ID: 17467
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking on Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2024” list, and U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Companies to Work for 2024” list. In addition, we have been recognized for having one of the country’s Top 50 Midsize Early Talent Programs by RippleMatch’s 2024 Campus Forward Awards. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. We take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Business Applications Developer
We are currently seeking a Business Applications Developer to join our team.
Works with constituent departments to fulfill application development, support, and maintenance requests. Operates with minimal latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Works with constituent departments to fulfill application development, support, and maintenance requests.
- Assists in scope definition and estimation of work effort.
- Contributes to the business requirements gathering process.
- Works with the solution design team to ensure that design standards are followed.
- Adheres to defined processes.
- Develops application code to fulfill project requests.
- Creates technical documentation as required.
- Develops unit testing applications for release into production environment.
- Collaborates with the business unit and business analysis personnel on the business requirements gathering process.
- Mentors development team members in technical complexities of assigned work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Three or more years of professional experience are required.
- Possesses and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of application development to the completion of moderately difficult assignments.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization and enforcement of defined standards and process.
- Is able to manage problem-solving activity in an efficient and effective manner utilizing strong evaluation, originality, and ingenuity skills.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency when dealing with break fix issues that directly impact end user utilization.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Has a customer service attitude.
- Aptitude for continuous learning and improvement.
- General knowledge of design patterns and principles, particularly Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- General knowledge of architectural concepts and the SOLID Principles of Object-Orientated Development.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft .NET Framework and associated development technologies, particularly Visual Studio, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Entity Framework, Web API and LINQ.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, T-SQL, and relational concepts.
- Proficient in C#.
- Knowledge of RWD Responsive Web Design.
Insperity provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. The range of starting pay for this role is $97,100 – $105,800.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.