Job ID: 16949
Location: WEST HOLLYWOOD California 90069-3704
Certified Medical Assistant
Berenson Cancer Center is one of the only outpatient medical clinics devoted exclusively to multiple myeloma cancer treatment and research. Led by world-renowned oncologist and researcher James R. Berenson, MD., Berenson Cancer Center is a pioneer in creating cutting-edge treatments for patients with myeloma and associated blood cancers. This clinic is located near Beverly Hills in the Sunset Medical Tower in West Hollywood, California, USA.
Your responsibilities as the Medical Assistant will include:
- Initiate patient visits in EMR, which includes taking patient weight and other vitals
- Keep continuous patient flow in the clinic, patients in the room, and other RNs’ patients
- Complete pharmacy refills in the EMR portal
- Receives patients’ phone calls for refills and monitors their fax requests
- Place medical supplies orders under the supervision of the head nurse
- Draw blood, give injections, and perform EKGs (if needed)
- Assist Dr. Berenson with bone marrow biopsies
- Restock medical supply carts in the clinic as needed
- Other medical assistant duties as needed
We are seeking a detail-oriented Medical Assistant to utilize their initiative and organizational skills to keep Dr. Berenson moving at top performance. As an ideal candidate, you should have:
- Certificate/diploma showing completion of Medical Assistant courses/training
- CPR training certificate
- 2-3 years of clinic/hospital experience
- Excellent analytical and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multitask
We offer you:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $22/hour – $26/hour depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) / retirement plan with employer matching
- Life and disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Health savings account.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Flexible schedule.
- Employee assistance program.
- Professional development assistance.
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.